Merchandiser Lead - #390695
Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Date: 08/20/2021 01:30 AM
City: Grafton, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID: 42933
Company: Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC
Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”) produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. Our success is rooted in the guiding principles of putting PEOPLE first, serving our local COMMUNITY, and providing great brands to our CUSTOMERS and consumers. We work and win together as a team by promoting a culture that values how our people think, feel, and act.
The Merchandiser Lead position works with the Merchandising Supervisor to assist in the development of our merchandising staff by providing training and coaching. The Merchandiser Lead will be scheduled to merchandise accounts as needed.
- Serves as the point of contact for Merchandising Supervisor on their days off. This includes fielding calls from the merchandising team, schedule changes, and handling customer concerns.
- Monitors daily merchandising activities in Sales Force while in the field using an iPad.
- Conducts onboarding training with new hires and any retraining programs, as necessary.
- Trains new and existing merchandisers on standard merchandising activities and procedures.
- Conducts weekly audits in stores and weekly ride-alongs with merchandisers.
- Conducts capability-building sessions and provides performance feedback to merchandisers.
- Fulfills daily activities completed by a merchandiser as needed
- Speaking: Constantly (investigates, negotiates, recommends, reports, etc.)
- Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
- Typing: Frequently using electronic devices for day-to-day business (email, reports, texting)
- Mobility: Frequent travel throughout customer locations (walking in backrooms, aisles, greeting customers)
- Bending/Squatting: Frequently (looking in racks at all levels, counting cases, checking dates)
- Lifting: Frequent- Lift 40 lbs. or less (full cases of product)
- Pushing/pulling: Frequent use of manual carts
- Travel: constant travel between customer locations
- Able to be certified on manual and powered pallet jacks (includes hand trucks)
- Able to be certified on high loader lift (where applicable)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and one year of work experience required.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in grocery, retail, warehouse, manual labor, or related field is required.
- Prior merchandising and leadership experience preferred.
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- Valid Driver's License, current vehicle liability insurance, driving record within policy guidelines including no major violations within the last three years.
- Prior experience using pallet jack or forklift preferred. Ability to obtain certification upon hire is required.
- Basic computer application and technology skills; knowledge of how to operate a smart phone, iPad and/or laptop.
- Flexibility with work hours; able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays due to customer needs.
At Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”), we offer a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401(k), new parent leave, tuition reimbursement and vacation.
We require all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to employment. This process will also include a drug screen, a review of Motor Vehicle Records for those who drive for the company as part of their job, and a fit for duty testing as required for some positions. Employment with Heartland Coca-Cola is contingent on the satisfactory completion of its background verification process.
Heartland Coca-Cola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other class protected by law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.