Office Manager - #390713
University of California, Santa Barbara
Date: 08/20/2021 02:00 AM
City: Ballard, California
Salary: $2,460 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Payroll Title: BLANK AST 3
Job Code: 4722
Job Open Date: 8/19/21
Application Review Date: 9/2/21
Department Code-Name: UCBS
Percentage of Time: 100%
Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU): CX
Grade Type/Grade: Other
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Work Location: UCSB Campus Store
Pay Rate/Range: $24.6/hr to $28.90/hr
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
Department Marketing Statement
The UCSB Campus Store falls under Housing, Dining and Auxiliary Enterprises on the UCSB campus. The Campus Store promotes the academic mission of UCSB by supplying the needed educational materials and helps support a sense of community among students, faculty and staff thorough the employment of students. The Campus Store believes by providing a positive environment and being strong career role models, helps shape the student and navigate through their college experience.
Benefits of Belonging
Working at UC means being part of this vibrant institution that shines a light on what is possible. People make UC great, and UC recognizes your contributions by making this a great place to work. Excellent retirement and health are just one of the rewards. Learn more about the benefits of working at UC
Brief Summary of Job Duties:
Under general supervision of the Campus Store Director, the Campus Store Office Manager provides direct staff assistance to the Director, Associate Director and Assistant Director as well as administrative support to a $10M retail Auxiliary department. The Campus Store has a staff of 18 FTE and 70-80 part time student employees. The position also acts as the gatekeeper of the Campus Store Administration office with direct responsibility for Employment and Personnel, Payroll, Office Management and Staffing and Training, and Administrative Support to the Campus Store Director.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff verbally and in writing
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a high volume environment with demanding timeframes
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Special Conditions of Employment
- UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends and be a keyholder for opening and closing shifts.
For full consideration, please include a resume and a cover letter as part of your application.
Job Functions/Percentage of Time/Duties
45% Employment and Payroll Personnel
- Serves as the UC Path Preparer for the Campus Store which manages payroll for 19 FTE and 70-80 part time student employees.
- Processes career and student employment via UC Path and Kronos
- Serves as a backup preparer and primary reviewer for the UCen Administration Office.
- Serves as the Campus Stores Kronos Timekeeper.
- Enters, maintains, and reviews time reporting system data for accuracy, including accruals for vacation, sick, and compensatory time off. Recommends actions to resolve and/or troubleshoot issues related to policy, practice, and systems processing requirements.
- Processes bi-weekly, monthly, and special payroll for all Campus Store personnel.
- Maintains Personnel files for Campus Store staff.
- Prepares all final paper work for Campus Store Director related to merits and range adjustments.
- Prepares recruitment packages for staff recruitments. Enters job descriptions and other documents into TAM.
35% Office Management, Staffing and Training
- Distributes and prioritizes work flow within the Campus Store Administration office.
- Coordinates all vacation and leave requests.
- Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and campus guests who contact the Campus Store either in person, via the phone or email. Serves as a role model for other office staff in providing outstanding customer service.
- Provides answers or referrals to questions or requests made by phone, online or in person to the executive office by Campus Store/University staff, faculty, students, parents and alumni and the community at large.
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient and effective work flow processes for the department.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment for the Campus Store Administration office.
15% Administrative Support
- Provides Administrative and clerical support to the Campus Store Director.
- Responsible for all confidential correspondence and information on behalf of the Campus Store Director related to personnel, payroll, etc. Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Arranges meetings, staff training, and staff development events on behalf of the Campus Store Director.
- Makes necessary arrangements for business travel.
- Maintains Campus Store organizational chart, phone tree, emergency contact list and email list.
- Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature, internally and externally requiring discretion and diplomacy. Handles the details of a variety of matters on behalf of the Director involving matters of significance. Organizes ad-hoc committees appointed by the Director on a broad range of issues.
5% Donation Program
- Maintains and directs Campus Store donation program making charitable contributions to campus and local groups in support of their missions while supporting the Campus Store goal of customer satisfaction.
- Ascertains the suitability of the request, determines the amount and type of support and suggests "partnerships" with campus groups for deserving causes.
- Approve applications deemed worthy of support. Annual budget is $30,000.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of California endeavors to make https://jobs.ucsb.edu accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Katherine Abad in Human Resources at 805-893-4664 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Privacy Notification Statement
The State of California Information Practices Act of 1977 (effective July 1978) requires the University to provide the following information to individuals who are asked to supply information about themselves: Application: The principal purpose for requesting information on the Application is for applicant-tracking purposes and to collect applicant contact information. Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form: Information furnished on this form is requested by UCSB's Affirmative Action Office. The University of California, Santa Barbara is a Federal contractor and, therefore, must comply with Affirmative Action regulations issued pursuant to Executive Order 11246, Federal Revised Order No. 4, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974. Furnishing the information on this form is voluntary. There is no penalty for not completing this form. The offices responsible for maintaining the information supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) STATEMENT FOR PERSONS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA: As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is designed to provide you, as a person in the European Economic Area, with information regarding the types of personal information that the University of California’s Human Resources departments and offices collect about you. The Privacy Statement can be found at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/gdpr.html.nformation supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
Notice of Availability of the UCSB Annual Security Report
The University is committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" (Clery Act), UCSB publishes an Annual Security Report to provide information regarding campus safety and security policies, crime statistics, and resources to current and prospective students and employees. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes reported to Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property, and on public property adjacent to and accessible from campus. The report also includes campus policies concerning crime prevention, crime reporting, alcohol and drug use, sexual and interpersonal violence, student discipline, and other matters. To access the Annual Security Report, visit www.police.ucsb.edu/asr. A copy of this report may also be requested by contacting the UCSB Police Department (call 805-893-3446 or visit 574 Public Safety Bldg., Santa Barbara, CA 93106 during business hours). To learn more about the Clery Act and CSA duties and reporting requirements, please visit www.police.ucsb.edu/clery-act.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.