Street Supervisor (Transit) - #439954
Waccamaw Regional Transportation Authority
Date: 09/15/2021 10:00 AM
City: Conway, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provide training and direct supervision of Fixed Route Operators and Goshen Bus Operators. Monitors work to ensure compliance with all Coast RTA policies, procedures and safety regulations, as well as federal and state laws. This position will reports to the Transportation Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct self in an appropriate manner as a representative of Coast RTA; working in a diverse work environment.
- Respond to the constant changing needs of Coast RTA in relation to coverage of operations, sometimes on minimal notice.
- Monitors operator performance and behavior
- Models passenger interaction skills
- Coaches operator in the use of time
- Checks and recommend training or retraining, as appropriate to ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Conduct time point and passenger load checks to ensure schedule and route efficiency.
- Responds to accidents or incidents involving buses, drivers and/or passengers; completes and submits accident, incident and complaint forms as necessary
- Keep the Director of Transportation Services informed of any problems or situations that require his/her attention.
- Drive and operate a buses and other passenger vehicles as needed in personnel shortages
- Assist in dispatch and other areas of operations as needed
- Participate in emergency preparedness planning and coordination
- All other job-related duties, as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be physically able to operate all Coast RTA vehicles.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment to include telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of talking, hearing, standing, driving, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, using stairs, pushing, pulling, and some lifting.
- Dexterity: frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent grasping, holding, and reaching.
- Emotional/Psychological: frequent decision-making and concentration; frequent public and/or coworker contact
- Environmental: frequent exposure to noise, and changing weather conditions.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, procedures, and information sources of transportation.
- Knowledge of supervision.
- Knowledge of staff training and development.
- Knowledge of general vehicle maintenance.
- Understanding of systems and procedures.
- Ability to establish positive client/employee relations.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/Local laws and regulations.
Required Ability to:
- Ability to travel independently throughout the county.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients.
- Must be able to relate and work well with the elderly & disabled population.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule.
- Successfully pass annual physical examinations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Flexibility and availability to work unusual hours, split shifts, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated acceptable writing skills.
- Ability to provide good customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to make quick decisions using good judgment and common sense.
- Willingness to help out in a variety of situations.
- Sensitivity, empathy and patience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in driving and dispatching
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Commercial driver’s license Class B or better with appropriate endorsements.
- Must be able to successfully complete defensive driving, wheel chair lift securement, First Aid and CPR training.
- Must pass a physical examination
- Must possess an acceptable driving record.
- One year driving commercial transportation services
- Knowledge of Coast RTA’s geographical service area (Horry & Georgetown Counties)
Apply online at www.RideCoastRTA.com or in person at the Coast RTA Administrative Office
Previous applicants need not apply
Coast RTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexibility and availability to work unusual hours, split shifts, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
Must possess a valid South Carolina Commercial driver’s license Class B or better with appropriate endorsements.
Must be able to successfully complete defensive driving, wheel chair lift securement, First Aid and CPR training.
Must possess an acceptable driving record.
One year driving commercial transportation services