Cotton Gin Administrative Assistant - #439961
Date: 09/15/2021 10:30 AM
City: Frederick, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Frederick Oklahoma location. We are looking for a Cotton Gin Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to multi-task, and problem solve.
- Process cotton, ensuring accurate applications to contract, timely payments and high level customer satisfaction.
- Apply cotton bales to proper contracts to generate timely payment.
- Review cotton settlement documents, process cotton invoices with PCCA, and balance contract bookings daily.
- Verify contract confirmations and verify truck freight billings.
- Assist customers with reporting requests, special projects, questions or issues related to their deliveries, contracts, applications, and web portal account.
- Scan and unload documents and contracts.
- Ensure that all documentation for every shipment is properly categorized and preserved.
- Utilize electronic documentation storage software.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Reconcile accounts and bills, analyze discrepancies, perform routine balancing, filing, and calculating.
- Run Daily Position Reports.
- Maintain Record keeping logs, including sales tickets.
- Handle customer phone calls.
- Provide clear office communications, written and verbal.
- Create favorable image of Coop.
- Assist Controller when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
2 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
- PCCA bookkeeping experience
- cotton gin experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.