Cashier - #439965
Date: 09/15/2021 10:30 AM
City: Peoria, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providing superior customer service, the cashier/clerk processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner and stocks general department shelves, including grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen food, liquor, dairy and frozen shelves, refrigerated merchandisers and displays.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Accurately processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, debit and credit cards, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the use of product shelf tags and accompanying UPC codes.
- Keeping clean, neat, and orderly check stands and work areas.
- Ordering and stocking general department (grocery, dairy, frozen food, liquor, HBC and non-foods) products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Helping maintain merchandise displays, including end-caps, floor displays and aisle displays.
- Bags or packages customer purchases according to established company policies and procedures; properly bag groceries using proper weight distribution, product type for a total weight of 7 to 15 lbs. per bag (6 to 8 items) to optimize bag capacity and reduce environmental waste.
- Greets all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service, assistance, and finalize the transaction by handing the customer their receipt, thanking them and asking if they need any further assistance.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use check stand register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and pertinent company policies and learn and memorize produce codes, plu and rdm codes, product department assignments and locations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Memorize locations of products sold within the store.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- As a cashier lift up to 30 lbs. and maneuver 50 lbs. and as a clerk lift 50 lbs. and maneuver 100 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.