Test Manager - #439968
Date: 09/15/2021 10:30 AM
City: West Hartland, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Test Manager position is a criticall link in the Prodution process ensuring htat all standards and Test Requeirements are delivered as required.
- Responsible for the strategic translation, leadership and overall administration of Test operations
- Directs and develops Test personnel lead as the department manager in the management the employee development, safety, quality, productivity, budgetary (scrap, cost of goods sold, labor) requirements.
- Participates in establishing production goals, monitors performance and develops & initiates corrective action on output rates, labor costs, scrap, quality levels.
- Enhance, develop, adhere to and enforce policies, test procedures and field support to meet organizational goals
- Plans, schedules, and manages test production in line with company forecast
- Responsible of developing Manufacturing Test tools and fixtures to improve test productivity and quality.
- Assists with planning and directing an efficient layout of manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures manufacturing Testing performance, volume and quality goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensures that projects/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and ensure the integration of strategic plans within all facilities.
- Interface between Changchun’s and Springfield’s Manufacturing and Test Teams.
- Assist Director of Manufacturing in the day-to-day oversite of Manufacturing and Test operations
- Ensure proper Manufacturing, Test and validation practices are followed.
- Provide leadership and resources for project coordination in the conception, design and manufacture of Manufacturing and Test tooling, fixtures, jigs and equipment. Organize in-depth product and process failure investigations to determine root cause of failures and implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with customer on-site representatives to ensure Technical Specifications and contract requirements are met and any identified deficiencies or concerns are resolved expediently.
- Assist with outside vendor selection, evaluation and communications for services or equipment, as needed.
- Develop and maintain product and/or process documentation.
- Review and approve (sign off) all related Manufacturing and Test documentation including, test procedures, control sheets, etc.
- Coach and develop Engineers, Test Supervisor and Test Technicians to continuously improve their technical skills and industry knowledge through mentoring, training, identifying areas for improvement and developing improvement plans with the goal of their future advancement.
- Have a working knowledge of common hand and power tools and test equipment
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other software as identified
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Testing & System integration with increasing Manager responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Management or other relevant degree program.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in a deadline driven industry where fines are imposed for delayed delivery.
- Must be able to travel to China for extended periods of time.
- Strong computer skills including: the ability to generate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Experience with project management software, including Gantt charts.
- Manufacturing Engineering & Testing: - 5 to 10 years overall experience.
- Must be able to read and write English