STEM Elementary School Teacher - #440002
St. Mary's County Public Schools
Date: 09/15/2021 10:30 AM
City: Leonardtown, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
St. Mary's County Public Schools has recently adopted a Teacher Candidate Assessment. Once you submit your application, you will receive an email to complete the Teacher Candidate Assessment as part of your application package.
EFFECTIVE: 2021 - 2022 School Year
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Teacher
NATURE OF WORK:
The position is a ten-month elementary teaching position that is scheduled to be 190-day teacher contract.
- Organize, plan, and provide enriched instruction to students in reading, writing, science, and mathematics;
- Complete individual and group assessments to identify students' areas of strength and needs;
- Work collaboratively with other STEM teachers, STEM Coordinator, and grade level Professional Learning Communities within the assigned school;
- Work collaboratively with community partners and field experiences outside the assigned school day; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide ongoing assessments to make instructional decisions that meet the needs of students in such a specialized program;
- Integrate and enrich the process of writing for highly able students;
- Organize, plan, and implement integrated instruction to meet the needs of students in a specialized mathematics and science program;
- Implement technology and engineering projects to synthesize concepts learned; and
- Differentiate instruction to meet a variety of learning abilities and styles.
- Possess a professional certificate in elementary education and meet the standards for 'Highly Qualified' teacher;
- Demonstrate strong ability to assess, plan, and implement highly effective instruction in science and mathematics;
- Recent teaching experience in Intermediate grades and knowledge of elementary grades voluntary state curriculum is preferred;
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate instruction based on student abilities and interests;
- Provides leadership qualities to school and learning environment; and
- Ability to relate well to students, colleagues, parents/guardians, and the school community.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this EXEMPT position will be based on EASMC salary schedule (#1) for ten-month employees.
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC