Experienced Laser Operator - #440019
Date: 09/15/2021 11:00 AM
City: Kent, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you ready to join an industry-leading global company that believes in empowering its employees? Are you prepared to use your inquisitive nature and strong work ethic to help our team solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges?
A career at Parker is rife with rewards and opportunities. But a career at Parker is not for everyone. Finding success at Parker requires dedication and an insatiable desire to win. We seek very smart people who also have the equally impressive characteristic of humility. We solve our customer’s challenges as teams, working together to ask the questions that have never been asked before.
Parker understands that solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges requires an inquisitive and intelligent workforce, and we invest in our employees to ensure they are the best in the industry. Our global success relies on empowered employees operating in an environment that breeds ideas and solutions, and we take every possible action to ensure this happens.
Applies basic and some advanced laser operator processes for sheet metal aircraft components as specified by written instructions, schedules, and drawings. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform setups and operations using Fiber and/or YAG CNC lasers on production hardware.
- May train others on part set-up and run.
- May repair, rework, or recut parts with guidance and oversight.
- Identify and solve, with direct oversight, machine alignment problems.
- Troubleshoot minor program errors independently.
- Provide some input on tool design.
- Able to set up and run parts with limited resource support, within established timeframes on a minimum of two machine types.
- Applies basic understanding of G and M code.
- Meets Cross Training Matrix criteria for machine and job understanding on a minimum of two machine types.
- Work under limited oversight.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to use mathematics relevant to laser operator functions.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
- Able to do some job development with guidance and oversight.
- Reads and understands manufacturing planning, sketches, blueprints, and specifications as necessary to perform the job function.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Knows where to find this information at Exotic, and asks for help when necessary.
Use of protective clothing, glasses, and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries.
The laser operator performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing, and handling of material.
This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. Completion of a U.S. Export Compliance Notice is required. Prospective employees must identify their status as a U.S. or Foreign Person, as well as their country of citizenship and residence.
Exotic Metals Forming a Division of Parker Aerospace is committed to non-discrimination in employment and other opportunities. Exotic Metals Forming Division is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.