Executive Assistant - Fire Department - #440025
City of Cedar Hill, TX
Date: 09/15/2021 11:00 AM
City: Cedar Hill, Texas
Salary: $2,093 - $2,630 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are seeking an individual, who has demonstrated a willing commitment to these values, holding them in high regard, to join our team, within the Fire Department as an Executive Assistant.
The purpose of this position is to aid and support to the Fire Chief and Command Staff by performing a variety of administrative and organizational functions. This is accomplished by organizing meetings, maintaining daily contact with public, city staff and city council, overseeing calendar of activities and meetings and maintaining appropriate records. Other duties may include managing titles, licensing and insuring of city vehicles, organizing and maintaining of personnel files, assisting with Records Management and Open Records requests, manage budget preparation and management of budget documents, process accounts payable invoices, coordinating of departmental purchases, performing various general office administrative duties, projects as assigned, and interfacing with other City employees and citizens. This position provides direction to interns and volunteers.
- Provides premier customer service to internal and external customers by responding to requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings by coordination of meeting space, required materials and providing logistical support.
- Performs various projects and administrative duties as necessary by managing handbooks, organizing meetings, responding to inquiries and complaints, notarizing documents, organizing and maintaining of personnel files. Maintains the Fire Department master calendar of activities which includes: the scheduling of resources, preparing correspondence, ordering supplies, and the coordination of departmental purchases.
- Assist Command Staff in making travel arrangements, expense reports and reimbursements.
- Assists in preparation for City Council Meetings by organizing agenda items both pre- and post- meeting, taking minutes , proofing, formatting and filing agendas.
- Assist in facilitating updates to the Fire Department SOPs and works with the SOP committee and the Command staff in posting of policy and general orders.
- Supervises interns /volunteers and schedules temporary employees to cover front desk in their absence.
- Assists the Fire Marshal with the scheduling of resources for community engagement events. Provides logistical support as needed for community outreach.
- Assists EMS Assistant Chief with records management and open records requests by maintaining files/ databases, processing invoices, and the requisition process. Assists with sealed bids, RFOs and RFPs, and management of the fire department grant program.
- Processes, reviews and approves payroll. Maintains time keeping, payroll files and tracking of activities related to overtime. Prepare and distribute fire department MOUs and Inter-local agreements. Administers response reimbursement for individual or team response for deployments.
- Administers the department’s record management system with responsibility for entering new employees, initiating fire department PAFs and works with HR on processing personnel actions. Coordinates with the Battalion Chiefs on RMS issues and running of required state required reports.
- Prepares the required grant financial reports, works with finance for budget allocations and maintains required paperwork for reimbursement. Manages the fire department petty cash and credit card program. Manages the fire departments mail program for delivery and package shipping, providing necessary forms and making copies upon request.
- Regular attendance required.
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- At least three years of increasingly administrative/secretarial experience.
- Valid TX driver’s license; must be able to become TLETS certified within 6 months.
- Preference may be given to candidates with prior municipal experience.
To Apply: Complete online application at Cedar Hill City Website at www.cedarhilltx.com. The City of Cedar Hill can no longer accept actual/faxed applications. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. There are computers at the Cedar Hill Library for applicants that do not have access to a computer at home. If you are having trouble with the NEOGOV Applicant tracking site, please call the NEOGOV technical support number at 1-877-204-4442 and select option 1.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Cedar Hill will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For any special requests, please call Human Resources at 972-291-5100, ext 1050.
The City of Cedar Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of genetic information in compliance with GINA, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, or disability in hiring, conditions, or termination of employment. Final applicants for employment with the City of Cedar Hill are subject to drug testing and background screening.
CITY OF CEDAR HILL
285 Uptown Blvd Bldg #100
Cedar Hill, TX 75104