Project Manager I - #440038
Sig Sauer Inc.
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Exeter, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Project Manager I
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER's workforce is located across eight locations in the United States. The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
This entry-level Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing various types of projects from inception through realization. This person must be very organized and detail oriented, possesses a high level of emotional intelligence, is able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members of varying technical and interdisciplinary backgrounds, and has advanced critical problem-solving skills. Utilizing project management, risk management, and product development best practices, the Project Manager will manage executing SIG SAUER's strategic vision with leadership, accountability, determination, humility, and respect.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the product development team in the management and execution of all project deliverables, assignment of project priorities, and closure of project open issues with moderate supervision.
- Communicates and reports to Manager and Executive Management project status and timeline, project risks and mitigation plans.
- Develops the execution strategy and project plan for product development projects with direct support from Manager
- Serves as the central point of communication for the cross-functional product development team from concept to launch and sustainment.
- Collaborates with Product Management to understand product requirements to clearly communicate and manage project scope and critical path to the product development team.
- Manages the launch of individual Bill of Materials components through the part development lifecycle from Ideation to Production with moderate supervision.
- Escalates resource and priority conflicts to Executive Management and provides triage proposals to resolve issues with direct support from Manager.
- Maintains the project budget and resource pool with moderate supervision.
- Intermediate SIG SAUER NPI process knowledge and mastery
- Supports maintenance and continuous improvement efforts to NPI processes and procedures
- Must be able to travel infrequently.
- Participates in and sustains 5S Standards.
- Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent working experience required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent working experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Leadership experience in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop a plan, think critically and solve problems creatively.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills.
- Great organizational skills.
- Strong computer-based technical competency (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, typing).
- MS Project experience preferred.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.