Document Imaging Technician - #440050
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Mount Rainier, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer, and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership
Responsible for performing all tasks and duties with prep, scan, quality control and validation. Position will maintain daily workflow to ensure that all records are processed in a timely and efficient manner with the highest level of quality possible. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Education, Experience, and License Requirements
- High School Graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- One year of work experience required preferably in hospital health information management.
- Registered Health Information Technician preferred.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Retrieves all records of discharged patients from hospital units daily and checks daily discharge log to ensure receipt of all records.
- Ensures that all records are prepared for scanning by removing staples, taping down loose rhythm strips, identifying poor originals, and stamping appropriately and removing any documents that are COLD fed or do not require scanning.
- Ensures that each page has a patient name and account number either printed or affixed via label.
- Assembles all documents in appropriate order and date sequence as required by policy.
- Inserts a completed batch cover sheet on all patient records to be scanned.
- Assigns a batch ID to each record according to department policy.
- Performs quality control with accuracy: a) each scanned document is positioned correctly and fixes those that are not correct or of poor quality b) identify when it is appropriate to split documents and patient records c) verify that bar-coded documents are correctly indexed
- Performs validation with accuracy: a) each document is assigned the correct document name b) each document is assigned the correct patient/encounter
- Ensures that scanned documents interface into Cerner-Medconnect from Kofax.
- Reviews all work task queues daily and ensures timely processing of all assignments and records.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees, and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.