Non-Certified Ski Instructor - June Mountain - #440052
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: June Lake, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
LIVE THE DREAM. Work here. Play here.
The mountains are calling.
NOTE: This position is located in June Lake, California.
Did you know that as part of your employment at June you receive a free season pass, including free access to all other Alterra resorts? Grin inducing, isn’t it?
More about the benefits and perks of your adventure here:
- Ski passes for dependents (spouse/child(ren)) includes free skiing at other Alterra Resorts
- Discounts on ski/snowboarding lessons
- Friends and Family vouchers
- Retail & Food discount
- Equipment Rental discount
- 401k with company match
A little about this position:
- Non-Certified ski instructors are new to the industry and have no ski industry certification.
- Individuals hired in this position will be trained to provide quality ski instruction to guests that are primarily aged between 3 and 7 years old. In addition to this, Instructors will perform a variety of duties including – equipment rentals, lesson area set-up and lift operations.
- Season long certification and elective training programs are available to all Ski School staff throughout the season. As a growing Ski School, we continually have new opportunities for career growth in this industry.
- A passion for working with small children in a winter environment is a prerequisite for this position.
- Experience working with children and/or in guest service is preferred
- Empathy for, and an ability to teach new skills in an unfamiliar environment. All with a focus on safety and fun!
- Must be flexible, positive, a team player and happy to work in variable weather conditions.
- Your ability to provide excellent guest service is more important than your personal skiing ability. On the job training will be provided to give you the necessary skills to be successful!
- This position will have openings available for Full-Time, 3 Day Part-Time and Holiday work. Please note your preferred availability in your cover letter.
Ø *Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.