Data Scientist (Bioinformatics) - #440060
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Vista, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get to the real cause of a patient’s symptoms and guide their journey to improved health
In this role, the Data Scientist executes data mining, queries, and bioinformatics analyses relating to clinical studies, laboratory data, and product development.
- Work with large datasets of clinical studies to design, develop, and perform analysis for internal and external uses.
- Work with genomics datasets of research studies to perform bioinformatics analysis, especially gene expression analyses.
- Able to set up NGS data pipelines.
- Technical support for routine monitoring and quality controls of clinical laboratory data.
- Help maintain internal databases and software.
- Conduct data analyses for experiments and projects, including clinical studies in the planning stage.
- Integrate datasets from external sources, including academic collaborators and third-party platforms.
- Collaborate with other scientific staff members within and outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators, external consultants, and scientists.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Contribute to scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and present at conferences in collaboration with academic collaborators.
- Perform other related duties as needed and required by supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or related fields with programming experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry or postdoctoral experience.
- Hands-on experience with gene expression data and developing classifiers.
- Hands-on experience with data processing, data analytics, and statistical analysis software.
- Strong technical and theoretical background in data structures, analysis methods, and experimental design.
- Able to work independently and as a part of an interdisciplinary research group.
- Proficient in Database (SQL Server, MySQL) and Server (Windows, Linux) Management.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Proficiency with version control systems and either R or SciPy preferred