Research & Development Scientist II, Molecular Immunology - #440061
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Vista, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get to the real cause of a patient’s symptoms and guide their journey to improved health
As a Research and Development Scientist, Molecular Immunology, you will perform the development of new assays for diagnostics and research projects, from inception through planning and transfer to the clinical lab.
- Research literature for emerging biomarkers and perform scientific diligence.
- Supervise and assist with the development, optimization and validation of new diagnostic assays.
- Participate in new technology evaluations.
- Collaborate with other members of the scientific staff within and outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators, external consultants, and scientists.
- Complete all aspects of laboratory activities, for example sample preparation, data acquisition and analysis.
- Independently design, perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues relating to assay development and quality.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents including validation reports under CLIA/CAP guidelines.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Write scientific publications in peer reviewed journals and present at conferences in collaboration with academic collaborators.
- Perform other related duties as needed and required by supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Bioinformatics skills as relating to genomics and GE analysis.
- Track record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Excellent time- and project management.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Laboratory skills must include molecular methods incl. hands on NGS experience and gene expression profiling. Flow cytometry experience.
- Knowledge of autoimmune diseases, in particular lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.