Operational Assistant - #440073
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Aviston, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We all need to start somewhere within a career. And at Sentry, we recognize how important our support groups are to the overall success of our company. If you’re looking for a department and company to grow with, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re in search of an operational assistant to join our Hortica team. In this role, you’d be responsible for providing administrative support, and be counted on to accurately and efficiently process various items for the department
What You’ll Do
- Provide operations support effectively to the inside sales department. Specifically, with certificates of insurance, proposals, applications and a variety of other duties.
- Assists in securing documents and information from customers/prospects.
- Contacts customers/prospects via telephone, email or fax to secure necessary documents/information and verification of addresses, update drivers list’s, and secure renewal documentation, as needed.
- Use problem-solving skills and best judgment to work with internal business units to resolve problems.
WHAT IT TAKES
What it Takes
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Excellent computer, organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!