Development PDME Process Modeling - #440074
Date: 09/15/2021 11:30 AM
City: Des Plaines, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for an Engineer/Scientist 2 in the Modeling Development group within UOP's Research and Development organization located in Des Plaines, IL. This position affords a unique and visible opportunity to develop reactor and process models which are critical to the development and support of new process technologies from their inception in R&D through the commercialization stage.
- Apply process modeling expertise to support R&D project teams throughout the technology development process:
- Deliver kinetic and empirical model solutions for early-stage research to establish fundamental understanding
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling techniques and simulation software to support process design and optimization, scaling up our technologies from R&D into production
- Engage with sales to build tools representing our UOP technologies, ensuring that our offerings are competitive and maximizing value delivered to clients
- Find creative solutions to technical problems, both working individually and within diverse cross-functional teams
- Maintain and grow our technical knowledge base for reactor modeling, data analytics, and advanced parameter estimation methods, sharing knowledge with a focused team of subject matter experts
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will develop, conduct and evaluate new approaches to meet project objectives faster and more efficiently and you develop and commercialize products & technologies
YOU MUST HAVE
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with 2 years’ experience in modeling, process simulation, process development or reaction engineering.
- Experience and capability in statistics, experimental design, data analytics, and advanced parameter estimation and numerical methods.
- Familiarity with machine learning, data science tools and algorithms
- Excellent computer programming skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capability to work effectively across multiple functional departments.
- Knowledge of chemical engineering fundamentals including fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer and reaction engineering.
- Knowledge of UOP technologies: Refining/Petrochemicals/Gas Processing applications.
- Knowledge of Six-Sigma principles and their use in managing risk and uncertainty.
- The ability to travel both domestic and internationally approximately 10% annually.
JOB ID: req303471
Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd,Des Plaines,Illinois,60017-5016,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.