IT Support Technician - #440101
Date: 09/15/2021 12:00 PM
City: Bolinas, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Nkarta is a publicly traded (Nasdaq symbol NKTX), South San Francisco headquartered, early-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of allogeneic, off-the-shelf engineered natural killer, or NK, cell therapies to treat cancer.
Position Title: IT Support Technician
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Senior Systems Administrator
IT Support Technician to assist with managing day to day helpdesk needs such as access requests, software deployments, general troubleshooting of office and lab systems.
- First contact point for new requests from employees
- Responsible for day-to-day operations including installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems and software
- Access requests with Active Directory and Azure
- Manage printers and troubleshoot issues
- Assist in managing IT supplies
- Work with HR with the onboarding of new hires
- Support other teams regarding infrastructure enhancements
- Write or contribute user/technical documentation and notes as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required) along with 2 or more years of technical support experience
- Applied experience with Azure, Active Directory, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, TCP/IP networking, One Drive and or Box
- Proven customer service experience within a high-growth organization
- Proficient in resolving hardware issues with PCs
- Installation of network printers and troubleshooting printing operations
- Ability to lift up to 50lb - to set-up and move computer and server equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Experience within a life science organization is preferred
- PowerShell experience
- Networking experience with Cisco or Fortinet
- Software Engineering big plus
- CFR and SOX compliance
Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The common requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around the laboratory environment. Car and airplane travel might be requirement of this role.
Founded in 2015 at the birthplace of biotechnology, our development pipeline of engineered NK cell therapy candidates includes two co-lead clinical programs, NKX101 and NKX019. Clinical trials for 101 are in process; 019 will begin in H2 2021. Nkarta recently announced a collaboration with CRISPR Therapeutics, a world leader in gene-based medicines, for the development and commercialization of up to three new cell therapy candidates and access to clinically validated CRISPR/Cas9 genome engineering.
Complementing our broad research and development capabilities, Nkarta has also built an extensive cell therapy manufacturing operation. We have a 2,700-square foot clinical good manufacturing practice, or cGMP, facility on-site at our primary corporate location in South San Francisco, California. We plan to start in-house manufacturing of NKX019 in 2021 and NKX101 in 2022. We are also currently designing a separate, larger cGMP facility, to supply our anticipated pivotal clinical trial and commercial needs.
Working at Nkarta
The 120+ team members describe working at Nkarta through some of the following comments. While getting better work-life balance and improving communications between groups in an early stage start up environment are two areas in which we’re working, here are real anonymous comments of why people think Nkarta is a great place to work.
- “People are always open to ideas. This company provides a safe place for its employees (covid testing, etc.)”
- “Exceptionally talented, committed, *kind* & supportive team”
- “The CEO is transparent and honest with expectations for the whole company. There is genuine care amongst the leadership team for their peers and employees. I believe this is unique.”
- “Not to sound corny, but the emphasis on people as a valuable resource is something I recognize doesn't often exist elsewhere, and it's here in ample supply, which is great.”
- “It's the first place that I've worked where the executive team truly values the employees. It's a pretty amazing thing not to hear that employees can be replaced with someone new. Institutional knowledge is understood.”
- “We have a very diverse team with executives that are friendly and accessible.”
- “Smart and dedicated colleagues. Mission to make a difference in patients lives. Empower us with tools needed to succeed. Open and transparent culture. Transparent leadership. Handling of covid and running the company was done very well.”
To learn more about our work at Nkarta and the career opportunities that will drive us forward to serve patients, please visit the company’s website at https://www.nkartatx.com