Partner Incentives Program Manager - #440102
Date: 09/15/2021 12:00 PM
City: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Partner Incentive Manager
The Global Program Manager of Partner Incentives is responsible for helping to manage and support the evolution of VMware's Global Incentive Programs as VMware is transitioning to a SaaS base business model. The Program Manager will support and execute an annual planning and implementation process to ensure incentives remain aligned to overall VMware Partner Channel strategy. The Incentive Program Manager will be responsible for the creation of new partner incentives, tracking of the Program performance working in closed collaboration the Partner Operations team. He/She will have experience in managing programs to support As-A-Service and Subscription-based business models and will be required to work cross functionally to ensure successful adoption of incentive programs. This individual will use a data driven approach that also incorporates partner feedback and internal feedback to ensure an outstanding program and partner experience in a very fast paced company.
The Partner Incentive Manager is a well-rounded individual who has excellent communication, organizational, financial/analytical and interpersonal skills. The role requires a proven track record in messaging/positioning, program management, ability to drive program requirements and their evolution, forecasting, and broad execution capabilities. A requirement is to motivate, leverage, and manage internal teams on a project basis in order to accomplish the investment strategy.
- Champion and guide the design, execution, and management of Incentive Programs for Channel Partners
- Ability to prepare financial model(s) to assess impact of incentive programs to VMware business and track relevant metrics back to incentive program's objective and VMware's Strategic goals.
- Manage internal processes to evaluate methodology and modeled potential impact of new incentive programs or updates to existing programs
- Manage and drive implementation plans in close collaboration with Finance, Sales, Marketing, Partner Operations and IT to identify, design, and implement business process required to implement new or refine current incentive programs
- Create Partner and Sales Team program documentation detailing incentive program terms and conditions, benefits, and enablement material
- Provide insights to the business performance, extracting the "Why" and the "What Next" from weekly, monthly, quarterly and adhoc reporting to launch mitigation plans and enhancements initiatives to attain or surpass Targets.
- Overlook goal attainment calculation of pay-for-performance incentive program with Partner Operations and Finance to ensure accuracy and completeness of manual back-end calculations
- Work closely with Partner Operations to build and maintain program dashboards that provide insightful KPI tracking and insights
- Lead cross-functional teams to define the programs VMware needs to implement.
- Identify the infrastructure to support the business requirements as necessary with new program goals.
- Develop the launch plan and timeline necessary to implement globally.
- Develop the metrics and track those metrics back to the business requirements of the program.
- Create customer, channel partner, and internal, program documents to clearly identify the benefits, terms and conditions, rules of engagement, and marketing collateral that supports programs globally.
- Manage the sales, business unit, Go-To Market, and marketing team feedback on the program once launched and effectively implement a roadmap of change that maps to the VMware business requirements.
- Drive the requirements of the systems necessary to support the program and the enhancements to the infrastructure that is built to support the channel partner programs.
- Drive internal processes and methodologies to evaluate and model the potential impact of new channel partner incentive and customer discounting scenarios and inclusion of new products.
- Consult with global marketing managers, finance, executives, and sales, to help identify, design, and implement the business processes necessary to implement a successful set of channel partner incentive for VMware globally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Partner Programs, Channel Sales/Marketing management, Sales Operations, or Finance
- Proven experience managing and growing a-a-S and/or Subscription-based businesses in Technology
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate to senior leadership and a wide range of stakeholders in a concise, effective manner
- Knowledge of FCPA and familiarity with a control environment such as Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in managing cross functional teams and requirements
- Demonstrated success in project management and process analysis
- Advanced skill level in data analysis and use of Excel
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.