Imbedded Law Enforcement Mental Health Counselor - Clinician II - FT - Mt.Vernon - #440128
Date: 09/15/2021 12:00 PM
City: Greenbank, Washington
Salary: $1,953 - $3,612 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Imbedded Law Enforcement Mental Health Counselor - Clinician II - Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
Mount Vernon - Skagit IMPACT
Compass Health is currently looking for a Clinician II to join our Skagit IMPACT team.
What you will be performing
The Clinician II provides crisis intervention mental health services to persons of all ages experiencing acute behavioral health issues. These services will be provided primarily in community settings to individuals who are in crisis or for whom a crisis episode is deemed to be imminent.
- Works closely with local Law Enforcement professionals to reduce occurrence of at-risk behaviors and partners on outreach calls with Law Enforcement to assist in successful resolution of crisis.
- Provides intervention strategies to clients referred by local police department (s) to those not necessarily in an acute crisis
situation but those whose crisis would benefit from preventive measures such as community referrals or brief short term
- Engages mental health clients whose contact with local police department are ongoing and could benefit from pre-emptive crisis
intervention strategies; to include, but not limited to, referrals to local community providers and short term clinical intervention.
- Provides follow up engagement strategies to those referred by Law Enforcement personnel to assist in maintaining a level of
stabilization and functioning, prior to experiencing an acute crisis situation.
- Facilitates mental health trainings to law enforcement personnel and attends police department shift-change meetings.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential Law Enforcement referral sources.
- Networks with local police department personnel and attends police department functions in order to maintain a positive working
relationship between providers and police personnel.
What you will be carrying along
- MA/MS/MSW Degree in a Behavioral Science related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Evidence-Based Practices, or interest and ability to learn.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate license through the Washington State Department of Health must submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be approved by the DOH.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License including vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
What you will be sharing
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with complex needs and multi-system involvement.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency, including the ability to utilize electronic medical record systems.
What we will be offering
As the region’s largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
(benefits pro-rated for part time employees)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time employees
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 10 paid holidays – 8 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan the first year
- And much, much more!!!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee will be working in an outreach capacity working with identified law enforcement agencies by riding with law enforcement partners in a patrol vehicle. Outreach will occur in all community settings as needed, which could include police stations, client homes, hospitals, medical facilities, schools, jails, community organizations, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and use close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compass Health is the region’s largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and chemical dependency services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance, which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information: www.compasshealth.org.
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification
Job Title: Clinician II
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $19.53 - $36.12 DOE