BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN II - #440135
First Children Services
Date: 09/15/2021 12:30 PM
City: Plainfield, New Jersey
Salary: $19 - $25 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
First Children Services - Join Our Team!
First Children Services is actively recruiting for Behavior Technicians that are interested in working both full-time & part-time hours. Providing behavioral health services across the entire state of NJ and PA, opportunities are immediately available within public school districts, clinics, and homes.
The Behavior Technician will:
build a rapport with the child.
- work with children and family on the goals designed by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- teach new skills
- manage behaviors, including physical and self-injurious behaviors
- collect data and document sessions through an electronic data system
Current RBT certification or willingness to complete a 40-hour RBT training course and ability/commitment to pass the RBT certification within 30 days of hire.
- Willingness to participate and maintain an active Safety Care Certification.
- Active CPR/FA Certification or willingness to participate in training.
- Genuine interest in working with children with autism and behavioral concerns.
- Ability to deescalate/restrain clients ages 0 to 21 years old using correct safety procedures (following Safety-Care Training).
- Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Flexible to work schedule (minimum 6 hours per week, max 40 hours per week)
- Access to reliable transportation; valid driver's license, willingness to travel (between 30-45 min preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, special education, guidance and counseling, social work, or a related field preferred.
At least one year of supervised experience in implementing positive behavior support plans and teaching ADL/Instrumental skills for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
- One year of supervised experience implementing Behavioral Support Plans preferred
- Previous experience working with children required.
FCS now requires all staff to be vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination.
First Children Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.