Registered Nurse-Operating Room, Orthopedics - #440137
Advocate Aurora Health
Date: 09/15/2021 12:30 PM
City: Grafton, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the nursing process to deliver safe, therapeutic care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled communication, leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience across the continuum.
- Uses the nursing process to assess the needs of the patient, plan and implement individualized interventions and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care. Includes the patient and family in planning and implementing care and develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Anticipates and recognizes significant changes in the patient’s condition, status, and need for care. Provides ongoing assessment of the patient and takes appropriate actions when changes occur. Anticipates and alters the plan of care as needed, mobilizes appropriate resources, and collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate patient centered care.
- Implements strategies to reduce patient risk and increase patient safety. Assesses patient and family readiness to learn and individualizes the approach as necessary. Works collaboratively to develop strategies to meet the learning needs of the patient and family.
- Actively coordinates the discharge plan utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Applies evidence-based practice to deliver patient care. Consistently incorporates nursing and regulatory standards of care into practice.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient, team, and unit outcomes and is empowered to take appropriate action when changes are needed. Supports shared governance activities and initiatives to improve processes and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict resolution skills. Promotes collaboration among healthcare team members. Assumes a leadership role in the care team and delegates appropriately to unlicensed personnel.
- Promotes a culture of safety through identifying threats to patient safety and intervening to prevent patient harm. Reports patient safety events and near misses in a timely manner. Seeks to identify potential safety issues and assists in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Applies ethical decision making, demonstrates respect and understanding for peers, and other clinical disciplines. Participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated, unbiased, individualized approach to care.
- Participates in quality/process improvement initiatives to improve the functions of the department and the patient care experience.
- Participates in professional activities which contribute to personal professional development and the development of others. Seeks opportunities to be taught, coached, and mentored. Attends required meetings/educational programs and completes annual competencies in a timely manner.
Mon - Fri, 1130 - 2000, weeknight, weekend and holiday call per rotation.
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
Completion of an accredited or approved program in Nursing
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 1 year of experience in clinical nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family focus.Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems.Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and interpersonal skills.Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, team members and physicians. Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with others.Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions.Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills.Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent interruptions.Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team building skills.Certification AddendumTeam members will maintain annual educational requirements for hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).