Academic Advisor 1 - Athletics (Part time variable hours) - #440145
Utah Valley University
Date: 09/15/2021 12:30 PM
City: Orem, Utah
Salary: $1,574 - $1,967 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience related to Summary of Duties totaling five years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide intensive one-on-one assistance for assigned at-risk students.
- Ability to motivate students to fully engage in their academic life and promote the development of academic success.
- Ability to teach students about academic integrity and academic fraud.
- Ability to assist students in organizing their time and priorities.
- Ability to teach efficiency skills such as goal setting, time management, note taking, study skills, test taking skills, organization, prioritization, and communication.
- Ability to teach students how to create daily and weekly academic objectives that are specific and measurable.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and serve individuals with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential records, adhere to FERPA guidelines and all departmental confidentiality policies.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules relating to intercollegiate athletics programs.
- Knowledge of student development and the ability to assist students in developing effective academic plans and career and life goals.
- Skills in the use of computers and Microsoft Office.
Master’s degree, or progress towards a degree in Education, Counseling, Sport Administration/Business Administration, or related field. Knowledge of NCAA rules and experience working with at-risk student-athletes. Applicants should possess a strong desire to work in the field of athletic academic support
Requires frequent sitting, walking, hearing, seeing, talking and fine hand manipulation in the use of the computer
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
3 credit hours waived or 1 class for the tuition and fees, no course fees or lab fees. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver
Pay Range $15.74 - $19.67