Optician - #440178
Colorado Eye Center
Date: 09/15/2021 13:00 PM
City: Boulder, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is your opportunity to join one of the areas most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry. We are a nationally recognized leader in EMR and technology with an excellent clinical support team and dynamic leadership. We are committed to customer service, and making every interaction extraordinary while inspiring the complete confidence of our patients.
The Optician will dispense and fit spectacles, contact lenses and other optical aides, working from printed or computerized prescriptions with assistance. They will advise patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including advice on style, weight, and color. Instructs patients on how to wear and care for their spectacles and contacts
- Consult with patients to select appropriate products based on the needs of the individual.
- Address any patient concerns with patience and a caring attitude.
- Take time to assist in taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Communicate with patients regarding their insurance benefits and pricing
- Ensure complete patient confidentiality as established by the practice policies and HIPAA.
- Work in cooperation with other dispensary associates to meet and exceed daily and monthly sales goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- It is highly preferred that all Opticians obtain ABO certification within 18 months of employment.
- Strongly prefer demonstrated sales experience.
- Strongly prefer some ophthalmic experience but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team player.
In turn we will offer:
- Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401k and short and long term disability.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Paid parking where applicable.
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
- Clear career ladder opportunities.