Manager of Strategic Initiatives-Alvarez College of Business - #440193
University of Texas at San Antonio
Date: 09/15/2021 13:00 PM
City: Castroville, Texas
Salary: $57,000 - $67,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 6569
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 09/10/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $57,000-$67,000 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: Directly reports to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research and works collaboratively with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies by assisting with duties to support strategic projects as well as college-wide initiatives. This position plays an integral role in ensuring that various student-focused initiatives, including but not limited to the Business Analytics Research Hub, Alvarez Fellows and Pre-PhD program, fulfill their respective objectives and remain impactful. Moreover, this role is expected to develop new partnerships and collaborative opportunities within and outside the Alvarez College of Business (ACOB)
Scope: Serves as a leader and representative of senior ACOB leadership to diverse constituencies using various forms of communication (face-to-face, written, visual, electronic) and collaboratively engages in strategic initiatives at all levels across the ACOB. The role requires critical thinking and problem solving from a broad, high-level perspective down to project execution and reporting involving detailed, transactional processing and planning
- Expedites a wide variety of projects and initiatives with a wide range of scope that will address critical issues facing the ACOB
- Plans, schedules, and executes detailed phases of and activities for strategic projects or new partnership development. This includes developing events, monitoring students' progress, marketing of programs/activities, data collection, reporting, and management as well as forecasting, deadlines, and supervision of assigned hub staff or fellows
- Assists ACOB leadership with fostering academic, government and industry partnerships that align with ACOB's strategic projects by coordinating engagement meetings or activities, and promoting value-add opportunities for collaboration and funding
- Develops and administers project/program budgets, to include monitoring of expenditures, and ensuring adherence to compliance and reporting requirements ACOB and UTSA requirements
- Develops support documents, presentations, talking points, bios, agendas, and other materials as needed in support of strategic initiatives, and priority projects, that align with requirements of ACOB and UTSA
- Coordinates scheduling and staffing of courses and activities in support of the Alvarez Fellows, Pre-PhD program, and other strategic college-wide initiatives
- Assesses the effectiveness, reach, and impact of ACOB strategic initiatives by identifying, tracking, and reporting of key metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
Organizes and provides oversight for events, such as symposia, dinners or conferences, with the highest quality of planning, execution and marketing. May involve engaging partners and collaborators at all professional levels and working in multidisciplinary teams across the ACOB and UTSA.
Bachelor's degree and five years of administrative experience in strategic project execution, program management or related area. Education beyond Bachelor degree may substitute for experience on a one for one basis.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with a variety of individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team-player, driven and disciplined. Demonstrated attending to details.
- Excellent project and process management skills
- Strong computers skills, particularly in MS Excel.
Master's degree in business administration, (MBA), higher education/student affairs, project administration, or related area.
- Six or more years of experience in strategic project execution in higher education.
- Project management and visualization software.
This position will be primarily located:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus) with some flexibility for remote work as business needs allow. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.