BioTech Research Assistant - #440195
Date: 09/15/2021 13:00 PM
City: Shreve, Ohio
Salary: $18 / hour
Contract type: Contractor
Work schedule: Full Day
Seeking to hire entry-level to experienced candidates to support a large biotech R&D facility in Ashland. Studies will include toxicology, developmental and reproductive toxicology, safety pharmacology, metabolism and both small- and large-molecule chemistry support.
- Perform in-life technical procedures (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing)
- Administer test substances by various basic methods (e.g., oral gavage).
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., in life numbers, body weights, food consumption and clinical observation)
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements
- Retrieve and view SOPs using appropriate database
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g.: laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas)
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline
- Experience: Zero to two years related laboratory experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment
This is a beautiful research facility with completely updated labs and instrumentation
Great company, lots of room for growth, can work in other departments
M-F 1st shift
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.