Estimator - #440212
Date: 09/15/2021 13:00 PM
City: Springfield, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced company with a proven track record and solid relationships with leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
BELFOR also offers a wide range of benefit options including, but not limited to, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
The Estimator position is the second level in our Estimating track, and achieved after completion of BELFOR new hire training tasks. This position will be responsible for creating and managing estimates and job in the residential, commercial, and industrial lines of business. This position will be responsible to meet with clients, develop quality and competitive estimates using Xactimate software, manage work through completion, review budgets and communicate progress with clients and management. Estimators will review invoices and labor timely to ensure costs are included in the job costs monthly. Upon completion of required BELFOR training, qualified candidate will achieve the appropriate level Estimator title and position.
- Must establish and maintain local area clientele in position to refer losses. Clientele is primarily insurance adjusters but may also include community business owners, schools and municipalities.
- Create accurate floor plans in Xactimate Sketch
- Must have working knowledge of applicable building codes
- Create and adhere to acceptable budgets and address overages as they present themselves
- Required to use the BELFOR naming convention for estimates, revised estimates, proposals, change orders, etc.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of all local building codes
- Maintain a construction schedule and work with trades and management to ensure work is completed on time. Identify and present solutions when additional resources are needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency with source removal, decontamination, mitigation, containment, ventilation, contents and deodorization techniques
- Proficient with investigative demolition, controlled demolition, decontamination structure cleaning and deodorization services
- Participate in continued training with BELFOR University -- Basic Xactimate training as part of preparation for passing Estimator Level , 2, or 3 User Certification test, dependent on Estimator role
- Independently manages own work
- Maintain vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain vehicles in a clean serviceable condition
- Complete all accident, injury & incident reporting forms as required timely
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in the development and continuing improvement efforts to establish Belfor USA Group, Inc as World Class in the industry.
- Comply with company and department policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Develop and maintain client book of business dependent on Estimator, Senior Estimator, General Estimator, and Executive General Estimator job requirements
- Serve as primary contact with owners, adjusters, and consultants
- Scope development, negotiation and agreements with customers
- Uses BELFOR standard in formatting estimates
- Coordinate after hours emergency services as directed, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage and vandalism
- Consistently identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.)
- Must conduct oneself professionally and with courtesy at all times. Must be proactive conveying information and be immediately responsive to requests for information
- Apply industry TPA Program standards and ensure compliance with requirements. Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people's property and information
- Attend BELFOR sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
- English literacy and fluency
- Understanding of MSDS Data sheets, and applicability to jobs
- Must use the BELFOR Estimate Format Standards for Xactimate estimates, proposals, etc
- Extensive Customer Service experience
- Advanced Microsoft offices skills, experience with Xactimate
- Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to work well with others, maintain professional interaction with co-workers and vendors.
- Frequent lifting over 50 lbs unassisted
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks
- The ability to bend, crouch, or stand as necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.