Journeyman Lineman (The Woodlands, TX) - #440230
MasTec Utility Services
Date: 09/15/2021 13:30 PM
City: The Woodlands, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 12 N, 12Q, 91C, 1141, 1100, 1169 ,3E0X1, BU, CE and UT relate well to this position.
The Journeyman Lineman is responsible for performing diversified work related to the construction and maintenance of poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the distribution of electricity. This position supports the Line team and works with other personnel from the department.
1. Construct, maintain, and inspect transmission and distribution of electrical or power lines.
2. Provide technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical services for the consumer, completing jobs with quality and timeliness.
3. Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customers’ facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
4. Route or reroute power lines over, under, or around existing lines and structures.
5. Inspect and/or remove power lines that are damaged.
6. Assist in carrying poles, digging holes, and other such operations involved in setting or replacing poles.
7. Perform line switching or sectionalizing, as directed.
8. Assist in on-the-job training of apprentices and other crew members in maintenance and construction of power lines.
9. Troubleshoot electrical problems on customer equipment.
10. Drive bucket truck to jobsite and maintain truck stock.
11. Assist the Foreman with paperwork and running the crew, as needed.
12. Investigate consumer complaints and make repairs to energized electrical distribution lines, as needed.
13. Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
1. A High School Degree, or equivalent.
2. 3 years of experience.
3. Journeyman Lineman's Certification.
4. Bucksqueeze Certification.
5. MasTec required safety certifications, including OSHA 10.
6. Valid CDL Class A driver’s license.
7. Understanding of advanced electrical principles, including knowledge of electricity and how to safely work around it.
8. Knowledge of customer’s specifications and proficiency in all phases of line construction.
9. Ability to assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, and complete work with quality and timeliness.
10. Compliance with proper safety standards, procedures, and work practices.
11. Ability to establish, manage, plan, and think strategically.
12. Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships.
13. Clarity of vision with the ability to judge distance and space relationships, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
14. Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans, and specifications.
15. Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet.
16. Ability to operate efficiently a bucket truck, digger truck, wire pullers, backyard machine, air compressor, and tools necessary to build/maintain power lines.
17. Ability to work outdoors, even in extreme weather conditions.
18. Available to work weekends and/or nights.
19. Must be willing to work out of market or away from home as work demands, traveling extensively when needed.
1. 5 or more years of experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Don't miss this great opportunity!
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publicly traded company MTZ (NYSE).