Advisor Bond Specialist - #440239
Date: 09/15/2021 13:30 PM
City: Lone Tree, Colorado
Salary: $76,200 - $120,600 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Fixed Income is a strategic priority for Schwab and Advisor Services – the Advisor Bond Specialist role provides an exciting opportunity to be a driver in continuing the growth, innovation and partnerships of this effort. With over $145 billion in Fixed Income assets, an industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, this team plays a meaningful role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail channels. The Advisor Services Fixed Income team supports independent Registered Investment Advisor firms that custody and trade their client assets at Schwab. We partner with Fixed Income trading, Advisor Services Sales and the Advisor Custody & Trading organization to foster advisors’ needs, growth and success.
What you are good at
As an Advisor Bond Specialist you will be responsible for developing and deepening advisor relationships within a specified region. Our specialists work with our advisors providing guidance across their bond portfolios and fixed income needs with a focus on growing and deepening relationships. Typical advisor interactions range from portfolio analysis and discussions to general bond information and trade execution. In addition, you will have the opportunity to partner with the sales organization to promote our offering with current advisors and prospects. These objectives are accomplished by;
- Representing the Schwab brand and promoting our fixed income offering
- Performing closely within and across a team of Advisor Bond Specialists
- Providing proactive solutions which meet our advisors needs
- Collaborating with business partners to resolve fixed income related issues
- Partnering closely with Relationship Managers and Business Development Officers in our Regional Field offices to promote our fixed Income offering
- Abiding by all industry, corporate and fixed income policies and procedures; mitigating risk to the firm, our advisors and their clients
What you have
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Series 7 & 63 required
- 5+ years of financial services experience, with exposure to fixed income
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Ability to establish rapport with Advisors, business partners and peers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of fixed income products (Treasuries, CD’s, GSE’s, MBS’s, Municipals, Corporates, Preferred Securities, Bond Funds, etc.), yield curve analysis, convexity and duration, bond swaps, laddering techniques, and general portfolio analysis
- Bloomberg experience a plus
- Minimal travel
Target Total Compensation: 76,200 - 120,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk to your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.