Service Coordinator - Global Manufacturing Fundamentals (GMF) - #440271
Date: 09/15/2021 14:00 PM
City: Perrysburg, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
This position is responsible for developing, streamlining, and managing the translation and validation process for the content of the Global Manufacturing Fundamentals, and participate in the improvement of the publication process for the GMF content. This process will involve coordination between internal and external resources to achieve accurate translated content into O-I’s language footprint, including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of Translation Memory and Glossary Terms. Also includes the development of the language translation plans in coordination with cross-functional Global Network Leaders and Global Manufacturing Fundamentals Managers. This position will be a liaison between language validators, from different plants and country groups, corporate manufacturing and engineering and translators. Additionally will collaborate with the GMF Team and other areas in order to improve the publication process of the documentation globally.
- Interface with Language translation vendors to secure quotations and deliver them to Global manufacturing fundamentals Manager to be entered into purchasing contracts/orders for language translation services for their approved content (documents, videos, or otherwise)
- Work with language translation vendors to improve the quality and turnaround times of their services. Keep track of translation vendors performance, through an established evaluation schedule and keep records up to date.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a technical translation memory database with established key terms to improve consistency of translations.
- Research available databases, tools, etc. across industry that could improve the organization and maintenance of existing translated materials.
- Pursue cost-saving translation opportunities through concepts such as reduced document word counts, standard boiler plates, Computer Assisted Translation tools (CAT), A.I. and on-line translation platforms available on the market.
- Manage validation process with identified language validators across the various technical disciplines to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Coordinate publication of valid translated content into the current document management solution
- Streamline the translation and validation process to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure original content formatting is preserved through the translation process
- Report on progress of translations and expected completion timeframes to O-I management as required
- Keep continue communication with global manufacturing fundamentals Managers, in any actions or situations that could impact cost, quality or projects delivery time related with the area.
- Determine translation resource requirements to match projected workload demands
- Assist with language translations of fundamentals and non-fundamentals related content as required.
- Be engage and technically support the programs that are base for the Manufacturing Fundamentals such as, document repository database (SharePoint Base) and auditing software.
- actively work in assigned projects, programs or tasks that support Global Manufacturing Fundamentals.
What we offer at O-I:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- and much more…
The Service Coordinator - Global Manufacturing Fundamentals (GMF) should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering or Information Technology preferred, or equivalent experience in the position)
- 5+ years working in a multi-national company, required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Strong communication skills required
- Prior Project Management experience and skills, required
- Prior Computer Assisted Translation experience, required.
- Microsoft Office Package, required.
- Experience with Document Management System required.
- SharePoint (creation, use, management) and Power BI (use and creation of reports) experience, preferred.
- Prior Linguistic Quality Assurance and translation experience would considered a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.