Line Driver - Fairbanks - #440284
Date: 09/15/2021 14:00 PM
City: Fairbanks, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Line Driver - Fairbanks - (USA00014M)
Crowley is a privately-owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6,000 high-performing team members in 35 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Crowley, the people who know.
The Crowley Way
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high-performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
What does this role look like?
You will be responsible for driving a designated route to load and/or unload fuel safely and timely. The job requires overnight stays, two to four nights per week.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Drive a commercial motor vehicle which requires a Class A Commercial Driver’s License and a Hazardous Materials endorsement.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicles at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather and in or out of tight areas.
- Transport fuel in a timely and safe manner from load racks to retail and customer sites.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Submit record of duty status (HOS), mileage records and other records per DOT requirements.
New Experienced Drivers will receive a sign-on bonus of $2,000 (two thousand dollars). This bonus will be paid in two installments: 50% at completion of 6 months of employment with the remaining 50% at completion of 12 months of employment. The Driver must be employed in good standing and not subject to disciplinary action or subject to a performance improvement plan initiative.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or experience in lieu of education
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience operating “doubles”
- Class A CDL with the following endorsements: X (Tanker and Hazmat) and Doubles or Triples
- Must meet current driver qualifications as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Must have a current medical card
- Ability to travel overnight approximately two to four nights per week.
- Experience delivering fuel with A Trains
- Experience driving in Alaska
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Possess a Longer Combination Vehicle (LCV) Certificate
What an average day looks like:
- You will drive tank truck to load and deliver refined petroleum products or liquefied petroleum gas to customers around the state of AK.
- You will read gauges or meters and record quantities loaded and unload; issue delivery ticket to customer.
- You will perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- You will provide outstanding customer service during pickup and delivery operations.
Apply if you identify with these competencies:
- Demonstrates self-awareness (Our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
- Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
- Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
- Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
- Nimble learning (you’re knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight).
What else is in it for you?
Our people enjoy some amazing perks, check out a few below:
- Employee resource groups - These dynamic committees are driven by you and your peers and are designed for networking, engaging and growing your interests. We welcome new groups all the time!
- Personal development - We believe that personal development is key to a high-performance organization and encourage our employees to own their own growth. We offer a variety of training classes and resources for employee and team development and promote a culture of learning.
- Awesome people - Your colleagues will challenge you to be your best every single day and acknowledge your efforts. Plus, our people know how to have fun. (Search #OneCrowley for a sneak peek)
If this position doesn’t sound like a fit for you, check out our other openings. www.crowley.com/careers
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.
Works both inside an office environment and outside in conditions of both high and low temperatures. May be exposed to odors, dust, dirt, mechanical hazards, high noise levels and potentially dangerous equipment. Must be able to crouch and stoop to get into areas with restricted headroom and be able to climb ladders. May require extended use of computer keyboard, viewing of computer monitor and ability to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Non-Exempt. May require the ability to work overtime to meet required deadlines. All work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health are expected to be respected and complied.
Primary Location: US-AK-FAIRBANKS
Work Locations: USA-AK-FAIRBANKS 170 E. VAN HORN ROAD FAIRBANKS 99701
Job: Terminal Ops
Organization: Crowley USD BU
Work Arrangement: Operational Employee
Employee Status: Non-Management