Bond Manager - #440292
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Date: 09/15/2021 14:00 PM
City: Plano, Texas
Salary: $129,000 - $168,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Liberty Mutual Surety™ has an excellent opportunity for a Bond Manager with our Core Contract team in our Plano, TX office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team servicing the surety needs of customers within an assigned territory for our core contract book of business and generating consistent PTOI earnings. This includes preparing the budget and business plans, marketing, underwriting, training, and monitoring regional business portfolio, and coordinating management and administrative functions within the regional territory. You are also accountable for meeting new business target, premium & expense budgets and PTOI target goals as assigned.
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the #1 Surety in the United States and the largest globally. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries
- Manage assigned staff and expenses to meet business and career objectives as well as the contract product line development, generating consistent PTOI and growth with profit being the primary objective. Prepare the budget and business plans, expense management, reporting, etc. as appropriate, and coordinates and monitors the implementation of the annual business plans of each of the offices or multi-state territory within area of responsibility. Participates in annual & strategic business planning process of Surety
- May delegate supervisory responsibilities as appropriate but remains accountable for ultimate management of book. Manage field surety underwriter activities with regards to establishing and executing marketing/ production efforts for assigned territories and assist underwriters with respect to technical underwriting issues, meetings with agents, contractors and others, as necessary.
- Initiates and monitors visits to producers and clients to promote marketing programs/activities and obtain necessary underwriting data. Develop new business and retain existing accounts. Cultivate business relationships through industry related organizations to enhance the image of the Company and to promote marketing effectiveness.
- Continually monitors quality of performance of staff by utilization of a variety of tools, including but not limited to personal observation, surveys, underwriting information, financial files & communicating with customers. Identifies problems & implements corrective action
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that new underwriters are trained and/or supported by experienced underwriters with respect to technical underwriting issues, meetings with agents, accounts, etc., and that those enrolled in the Surety Underwriting Development Program complete all aspects of the curriculum. Ensures underwriting staff receives assigned training as appropriate.
- Manage evaluations and recommendations of credit levels provided to all customers and assist underwriters to properly evaluate and select credit risks while actively participating in major underwriting decisions on all risks. Ensures that risks pursued and that new and existing accounts/principals continue to meet underwriting guidelines and standards for credit worthiness. Manages the portfolio book of business with responsibility for servicing the surety needs of customers. Oversees, as a resource, acquisitions of new business and portfolio management.
- Manages all marketing and acquisition efforts of staff within territory to secure new business targets/goals. Manages portfolio, profitability, risk mitigation, growth strategies, metrics for specific accounts and overall book of business, and the servicing of the most complex risks associated with the field office
- Monitors utilization, compliance, and accuracy of Surety system applications for underwriting, marketing and accounting needs of assigned territory. Monitors claims activities and partners with aligned claims handlers as required
- Hiring, training and other performance office management functions including ongoing and annual review, regular 1:1, and coaching activities. Develops individual performance objectives and development plans and insures alignment with business objectives. Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree typically required, Advanced Degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years progressive surety underwriting experience expected, including a minimum of 2 years of proven underwriting management experience, preferred
- Proven analytical ability to evaluate underwriting risks within scope of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analyses and information in understandable written and/or oral directives to other persons in the organization for underwriting or training purpose
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with agents, brokers, CPAs, bankers, attorneys, etc. required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.