PLANS AND OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Title 32) - #440324
US Army National Guard Units
Date: 09/15/2021 14:30 PM
City: West Simsbury, Connecticut
Salary: $72,198 - $93,863 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITION
DUTY LOCATION: Joint Operations Center (JOC), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as a Plans and Operations Specialist, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate preparations for state active duty and the operational employment of ARNG personnel and military resources.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the State NG focal point for Crisis Action Planning and the Officer in Charge of the Joint Operations Center (JOC) that remains operational 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Responsible to establish and validate procedures, practices and tasks that provide command staffs located in the JOC, designated geographically separated Quick Reaction Force Platforms and the ANG Survival Recovery Center effective situational awareness and continuous command and control over tasked organizations and members.
- Responsible for command and control crisis action training and certification program.
- Participates as an Operations Officer in the Joint Operations Center (JOC).
- Responsible for the administrative over-site of the command and control network to include defining required system capabilities, e.g. communications and collaborating with J6 administrators to identify specific equipment to meet mission needs; budgeting for and the purchase of crisis action infrastructure; and identifying and securing resourcing for fulltime staffing for effective 24/7 continuous operations, as well as system readiness needs.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Command And Control Center Officers
- Command And Control Center Specialists
- Command And Control Officers
- Command Center Officers
- Command Center Specialists
- Control Center Officers
- Command And Control Center Officers
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 36 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience, education or training in program or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions.
- Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations.
- Experience in supervisory, staff or technical work which included study, analysis or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of, and skill in analytical thinking and evaluative methods sufficient to analyze standards, procedures, and work processes to continually improve them to meet tasking agency and public requirements, while maintaining compliance with regulatory provisions in full-spectrum crisis action planning, operational protocols, procedures and impacts; doctrinal programs; Federal and State mobilization processes; force structures and readiness postures; and NG wartime and peacetime missions.
- Skill in leading and participating in complex, fluid negotiations with various DoD, Federal and state command authorities, Federal and state agencies and contractors.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate diverse data and formulate into coherent practical operation plans, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of the end state objectives to sequence program events, set milestones and change priorities within a fluid time constrained environment.
- Skill in oral and written communications to prepare and present briefings/project papers, and staff reports; coordinate planning efforts; and manage programming activities, to effectively communicate requirements with staff and line personnel to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations, and to collaborate or negotiate with senior civil and military leaders.
- Knowledge of training program principles and practices and skill in establishing, executing and evaluating training program effectiveness and incorporating changes to meet mission requirements.
- Knowledge of, and skill in budget analysis sufficient to develop budgetary requirements and recommendations for Assigned command and control centers and operational endeavors.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: For an indefinite appointment which is to backfill a deployed technician, MOS and unit of assignment are waived for 18 months following assignment. However, rank requirement must be met to avoid grade inversion. For temporary promotions, the MOS and unit remains with the permanent position from which temporarily promoted.
MILITARY GRADE (Prior to Application): Officer: O2 through O3; Enlisted: E-7 through E-9
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: OBR: 42B/H, 90A, 92A, 01A; OAOC: 24A, 34A, 53A, 59A; EMOS: 25B, 42A, 92A, 00F
UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: Any unit within state
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a security clearance (secret) which the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment
No substitution of education for specialized experience
Primary Change of Station (PCS) relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
Under 32 U.S.C. 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program (incentives). In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your serving incentive manager (CTARNG-G1 or CTANG-Retention Office) prior to accepting an offer for the position. For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program, the following termination rule applies:
Incentive Termination without Recoupment: If you accept a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent position where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment as long as you have served at least 6 months of the bonus contract following receipt of the initial bonus payment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please ensure you follow all instructions carefully. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicant must ensure resume and any other required supporting documentation clearly portrays that s/he meets the required experience level for the position. Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume showing relevant experience
- Responses to the Assessment Questionnaire
- Unofficial Transcripts, if used to qualify (An official transcript may be required before being hired.)
- OF 306 - Declaration of Federal Employment (THIS FORM NEEDS YOUR SIGNATURE ON PAGE 2 AND MUST BE DATED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF THE CLOSING DATE STATED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency
Clarification from the agency
See Area of Consideration