Associate Director, Category Management - #440326
Date: 09/15/2021 14:30 PM
City: West Simsbury, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Category Manager to join our Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute category management strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders; inclusive of category plan development, sourcing, contracting and vendor management for IT Offshore & Managed Service Providers.
- Partner with business units and leaders in the development of overall category, sourcing and supplier management strategies
- Develop and support the short- and long-term sourcing plans and vendor strategies in partnership with primary stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional teams throughout the sourcing, negotiations, contracting and vendor management lifecycle processes
- Collaborate and partner with IT, Legal, Risk, Independence and Information Security departments to ensure adherence and fulfillment of respective policies, processes, requirements and workforce strategies
- Identify and influence business partners to pursue cost containment / reduction opportunities beyond sourcing, such as consolidation & rationalization of labor providers, demand management and process improvements
- Minimum seven years of recent relevant strategic sourcing and category management and/or similar professional experience with relevant skills and experience; combination of management consulting & line role experience desired
- BS/BA degree with relevant discipline from an accredited college/university; MBA and other relevant degree /certification preferred
- Combination of management consulting and line role experience desired
- along with a proven ability to lead, support and conduct successful negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to support, lead and conduct successful negotiations
- Experience with purchasing systems and organizational interfaces (including e-procurement, Ariba, SAP and e-RFP tools)
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.