Machine Operator (LSI) - #440355
Astronics Luminescent Systems
Date: 09/15/2021 15:00 PM
City: East Aurora, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Astronics LSI is looking for a machine operator. Come join a dynamic manufacturing team assembling lighting and panels for our aerospace customers. Our production facility is temperature controlled, clean, and spacious.
We offer a 9/80 work schedule where you can have every other Friday off with a slightly longer work day throughout the remaining week days. (NO WEEKENDS!!) You will be offered benefits starting the first of the month following your hire date, including paid holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus, and other great benefits. Your 90-day probationary period will focus on attendance, quality, quantity, and LSI’s core values (Teamwork, Passion, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, and Enduring Relationships.)
Operate CNC machine, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and non-metallic work-pieces by performing the following duties.
2nd: 3:15pm to 12:45am
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Tends machines that press, shape or manufacture parts from raw materials
- Use a band saw or standing saw
- Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding device to join or secure parts in place
- May screw, bolt, tape fixtures / parts in the machine or perform similar operations
- Computer skills
- Material preparation
- Performs tasks such as, de burring, sanding, sandblasting, cleaning, installing inserts / helicoils, etc.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regards to the following: machine set-up, running production parts, and any other assigned job task.
- Follows work orders
- Ability to interpret Drawings
- Examines product for compliance to Drawings
- Inspects product for compliance to specified dimensions
- Measure product using tools such as Calipers, Radius Gages, Angle Gages, pin gauges, depth gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Perform First and Final Piece inspections on automated CMM
- Perform In process inspections during production runs.
- Examines product for surface defects such as chips, scratches, etc.
- Follows cellular manufacturing when applicable
- Use required safety equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean environment
- Train other machine operator’s on skills and procedures required to do their necessary job function.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
1-3 years manufacturing experience preferred
Computer skills preferred
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Does not have any supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and using fractions. Knowledge of micrometers and calipers are needed to measure the product to specifications.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but hearing protection is required. Safety glasses are required. Also steel toe shoes are required.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.