Central Sterile Reprocessing Technician - #440356
Lowell General Hospital - Main Campus
Date: 09/15/2021 15:00 PM
City: Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Central Sterile Reprocessing Tech performs services in Central Sterile Reprocessing according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the department and hospital. Works cooperatively within department and other services to create a system of quality health care. CSR Tech is responsible for cleaning, assembling, packaging and sterilizing all instruments and equipment from all areas of the health care facility as well as the operation and care of same equipment and instruments
Hours: Full Time/ Days / 40 hours a week
- Cleans and decontaminates surgical instruments and other medical equipment following established policy and procedure.
- Inspects, assembles, packages and sterilizes medical devices following manufacturer’s recommendations and established procedure.
- Retrieves all supplies and equipment as needed from patient care areas and returns to CSR for appropriate processing.
- Operates cleaning and sterilization equipment in the department according to manufacturer’s recommendations and established procedure.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment and fills surgical case cart requisitions using hospital computer system (if applicable).
- Does rounds throughout the units to retrieve/deliver items.
- Effectively communicates, both written and verbal, with co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to facilitate the functions of the department and hospital.
This position requires a high school diploma/GED and 1-3 years of experience.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with hospital match
- Opportunities for growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free on-campus parking
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Circle Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.