Bedside Companion - Central Staffing Resources - #440357
Date: 09/15/2021 15:00 PM
City: Round Pond, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Bedside Companion provides supervision and close observation of selected patients for identified behaviors (i.e., a fall risk). Note: the bedside companion role may be provided by a patient’s family member or volunteer in some situations.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
License/Certifications: Basic Life Support preferred with ability to perform CPR and respond to emergency situations as appropriate.
- De-escalation training within one (1) month of hire.
- Basic dementia training within one (1) week of hire.
- Complete call bell and alarm training.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write English language.
- Manual dexterity
- Moderate physical effort: Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods. Ability to appropriately wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Location: MaineHealth · Central Staffing Resources
Schedule: Per Diem, Flexible (As Needed), 0