Tech-Radiology Office ICC - #440384
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Date: 09/15/2021 15:30 PM
City: Tryon, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered by ARRT as an RT (R)
- SCRQSA certification
- Current CPR certification
The Radiologic Technologist will be responsible for performing general radiographic procedures at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed practitioner. The Radiologic Technologist will ensure practice compliance with all SC DHEC Title B Rules and Regulations for Radiation Control
The Radiologic Technologist serves as a liaison between patients, licensed practitioners, and other members of the support team. Radiologic Technologists must remain sensitive to the needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills. As members of the health care team, Radiologic Technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
- Must possess, apply, and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of imaging equipment
- Demonstrates an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology
- Perform patient care activities such as greeting patient and escorting to the examination room in order to obtain vital signs, height and weight measurements, and medical history.
- Responsible for triaging patients according to severity of need
- Responsible for performing procedures such as EKGs and pulse oximetry.
- Responsible for setting up surgical trays, cleaning surgical instruments, and sterilization
- Responsible for administering intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, after demonstrating clinical competency.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and stocking of examination rooms
- Responsible for reviewing all lab reports, identifying any abnormalities that may be present and alerting the physician to the abnormalities, and ensuring physician signs off on all lab reports.
- Responsible for maintaining the supplies needed to support imaging within the practice by working closely with the Practice Manager to coordinate the ordering process.
- Responsible for scheduling Imaging appointments for patients at other facilities, at the direction of the ordering physician
- Responsible for calling patients, at the physician’s request, regarding any abnormal lab reports or actions to be taken due to lab results, and documenting discussion in patient’s medical record chart.
- Responsible for managing patient calls related to, but not limited, to the following: returning calls, contacting patient’s pharmacy to fill a prescription ordered by the physician, and contacting insurance companies to obtain referrals/precertification’s when required
- Maintains open lines of communication with the receptionist for efficient patient, nurse, and physician scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring that all procedures, tests, waivers, etc. are accurately ordered.
- Responsible for performing patient access activities such as collecting and documenting correct demographic and billing information, maintaining an accurate cash drawer, issuing receipts, managing daily deposits, assisting patients with scheduling/rescheduling/confirming of all appointments, and maintaining an orderly flow of patients through the reception and lobby area
- Responsible for attending educational/informative seminars in order to remain current on the latest issues and laws governing medical imaging practice
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Location: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System · MGC - Immediate Care - Reidville
Schedule: Per Diem, Varied Shifts