Imaging Engineering - #440416
Date: 09/15/2021 16:00 PM
City: Scottsville, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
State/Province: New York
Country: United States
Department: Design & Development Engineering
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Specialist
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Design & Development Engineering
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xerox is looking for a highly motivated, skilled, and adaptable imaging engineer with experience in image path architecture for printing engines to join our Image Based Design Competency in our Webster, NY campus. The objective of this opportunity is to be part of a cross functional team to create, develop and prepare a new design & technology ready for mass production. As a Senior Imaging Engineer, you will take a leadership role developing and evaluating image path architectures and provide a system engineering across functional teams. You will have the opportunity to deepen your technology and problem-solving skills while designing, building, and testing innovative new products working with the best engineers in the industry. Be a part of the team that applies the latest tools and techniques in product development.
- Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required to design, develop and/or characterize input or output document latent image formation (image path) and processing systems.
- Drive the design while maintaining high quality, cost effective components, and delivering on time.
- Coordinate and conduct potential candidate testing. Lead system qualification tests with affected business units.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity, creativity, and sound business judgement.
- Translate new/existing scientific knowledge into enabling technologies; perform analytical, experimental, and modeling work to solve business problems in a timely manner.
- MS or PhD degree in Imaging Science or related field with at least 10 years of experience in image path hardware and software design.
- Experience with the technical skills to provide enhanced image processing, contone rendering, raster image processing image/text enhancement.
- Knowledge of basic imaging functions like geometric (e.g. affine) transformations, simple target (e.g. crosshair) detection, 2D digital filtering (smoothing and edge enhancement) and morphological processing (e.g. erosion/dilation) is strongly recommended.
- System engineering skills to create and implement imaging requirements, provide configuration management, and interface with hardware implementation engineers to deliver the optimal image quality across programs.
- Knowledge or experience working with DFE (Digital Front End) and image processing in print engines or DFE to provide the optimal printed images for our marking engines. Converting customer images to the final marking hardware device (inkjet print heads, Xerographic ROS, etc) while enhancing the image as necessary in the image path.
- Ability to design and test algorithms in a simulation environment using: Matlab, Python, or C++. Knowledge of OpenCV is desired but not required. Experience with GPU programming desired.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.