Strategic Enterprise Capabilities Business Process Director - Distribution - #440417
Date: 09/15/2021 16:00 PM
City: Marion, Arkansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
Nike is building a Digital First Supply Chain at Scale that delivers on four dimensions of our consumer promise: Service, Cost, Convenience, Sustainability. As North America’s SEC Business Process Director for Distribution, you will be enabling strategic and innovative capabilities to meet Nike’s growth targets and driving continuous improvement within our Nike Operated Distribution Centers. SEC is Nike’s large scale Strategic Enterprise Capabilities program to implement and deploy the new global ERP capabilities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Business Process Director to facilitate and align our Nike Distribution facilities to deliver our End-to-End Supply Chain vision. This role is responsible for translating our supply chain strategy into an actionable plan to develop and operationalize our distribution processes that meet company performance objectives and customer expectations. This role will create a spirit of innovation and experiment with new ideas to evolve Nike’s supply chain.
Our ideal candidate needs to bring these traits and skills to the role:
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of leadership to influence decision making and implement project deliverables
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical skills
- Capability building and large program and project management experience
- Innovation Attitude & Strategic Enterprise Thinking
- Experience with design and execution of cross-functional workshops
- Experience with executive stakeholder management in a matrix organization
- Proven track record to work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking and effective multitasking.
- Exceptional listening skills, excellent written skills, and high-profile communication/ storytelling skills
- Experience with lean process implementation or an equivalent
- Experience with Distribution Center design activities is preferred
- Comfortable with principles and issues related to Information Technology systems, design, and development
- Strong working knowledge of organizational change management and business transition concepts, models and best practices
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be partnering closely with both Global stakeholders and North America partners to:
- Lead, inspire, develop, and set direction for enabling Distribution capabilities
- Activate new capabilities across the Distribution network that are flexible, scalable, and repeatable; ensure engagement, consensus and alignment of cross-functional partners
- Lead development and execution of realistic business transition plans to ensure new capabilities are implemented while minimizing risk and business disruption
- Develop financial business plans for major program work and assist in the development of budgets for Distribution operations.
- Influence Global process/capability designs as necessary, demonstrating your business acumen, to ensure North America business requirements and needs are accounted for
- Collaborate and influence across the matrix to identify and drive business process changes required to operationalize innovative Global capabilities and solutions within North America
- Drive process and productivity improvements into existing operations
- Resolve or escalate program portfolio risks and issues
- Align critical interdependencies across North America Supply Chain program portfolio
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In this role, you will direct a team of Process Managers and closely partner with functional leaders in Logistics, Marketplace Operations, Inventory Management, Demand & Supply Management and Finance. The ability to champion collaboration, strategic alignment and coordinated planning and execution across different functions in a matrix organization will be essential.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of process and operational experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Program Management, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, Strategy, or related experience
- Expertise in Logistics (Distribution Center/Warehouse Management Planning, Transportation, Goods/Inventory Flow Planning, Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain Analytics)
- Additional experience in deploying systems in distribution operations is a plus
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional, global project/program execution, developing and leading change in process, organizational and system implementation
Job Field: Supply Chain, Distribution & Logistics
Location: Memphis, Tennessee or Beaverton, Oregon.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.