Director of Student Support Services (TRIO) - #440419
East Central University
Date: 09/15/2021 16:00 PM
City: Ada, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
East Central University Job Description
Job Title: Director of Student Support Services (TRIO SSS)
Reports To: Vice President of Student Development
Summary: The Director of Student Support Services is responsible for the visionary and strategic leadership, direction, analyses, assessments, projections, planning, and management of the Student Support Services Grant funded by the Federal TRIO Program. Strategic priorities include analyses and projections linked to University needs and strategic priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and vision that aligns the Department's activities with the missions of Student Development, Grant Programs and the University.
- Coordinate and oversee activities to accomplish goals and objectives
- Implement new program components based on evaluations and proposed and planned outcomes
- Select, hire and train all ECU SSS staff, organize and conduct meetings and evaluations.
- Generate reports and plans of actions based on the program evaluation plan.
- Organize and implement the competitive priorities as outlined
- Ensure compliance of EDGAR, ECU, OSRHE, and RUSO policies and all applicable state and federal laws
- Manage all budget expenditures
- Maintain an efficient computerized database to track current and former students
- Document the achievement of objectives
- Plan and participate in publicizing program services and goals
- Accurately complete and submit the Annual Performance Report to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel, or Counseling or a closely related field
- Two years' experience working with first-generation, low-income students, budget planning and management experience, database management experience, academically related program analysis and development, and previous TRIO experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated competencies and success in an academic community reflected in excellent leadership, management, supervision, planning, and assessment
- Outstanding individual and group communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve conflicts
Safety and Environmental: Safety is the responsibility of every employee; therefore, all employees will be trained to perform work safely. Should you feel inadequately trained to perform a certain procedure, immediately discuss the problem with your supervisor. You will be evaluated in the area of safety practices during the annual evaluation period. If safety rules are violated, appropriate disciplinary actions will be taken, not to exclude termination.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Remuneration: Yearly salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed *Disclosure Statement.
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th St., Admin. 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.