Qualified Mental Health Professional (#019065) Broad River CI, Columbia (RICHLAND) Level 3 - #440440
South Carolina Job Board
Date: 09/15/2021 16:30 PM
City: Columbia, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Provides mental health assessments and treatment recommendations for referred inmates.
- Maintains accurate documentation.
- Conducts individual counseling for inmates on caseload.
- Conducts group counseling for specified inmates.
- Provides regular feedback to mental health, medical and security staff on referred inmates.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provides crisis intervention as requested by mental health and/or medical staff.
- Participates in the on-call pool to provide after hour coverage to the institution.
- Provides discharge planning for identified inmates.
- Provides other duties related to SCDC and the division of behavioral/mental health & substance abuse services.
$50,184 – LMSW or LPC-A entry level
$54,366 – LPC, LISW, LMFT or LPC-S preferred license
Must attend 3 weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A Master's degree in guidance, counseling, the social sciences or a related field and professional experience in a mental health, human service or social service program. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
A minimum of a Master's degree in a mental health related field (i.e. social work or counseling) and a license to practice as an LMSW or LPC-A is required for entry level. Two (2) years of experience in a mental health/social services setting and must be licensed as a LPC, LISW, LPC-S OR LMFT is preferred.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.