Senior Software Engineer - Xbox Cloud Gaming - #440445
Date: 09/15/2021 16:30 PM
City: Redmond, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Do you want to be part of the team building the next generation of gaming technologies for Microsoft? Are you passionate about gaming and bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Xbox Cloud Gaming (aka Project xCloud) is building the best real-time game streaming platform on the planet, and we are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to help deliver on our ambitious vision.
We are looking for an engineer with extensive Application, UX, and SDK experience. You will develop shared libraries to run gaming related capabilities on a variety of mobile and other client devices that can be used across the gaming division to deliver on cloud gaming scenarios.
Collaboration, diversity, ambition & self-direction are valued here. Expect to be given room and support to grow personally and professionally. This role requires a demonstrated ability to partner across organizations to build shared success. If you are customer obsessed, and can balance technical, business, and developer needs to build a streaming platform for new gamers, then you may have found your next role!
- 5+ years professional coding experience in one or more of the following: React Native/JS, Java, Objective-C, C++, and/or Swift
- Passion for end-user experience and design
- World-class skills in design, debugging, and problem solving
- Motivated to master the most challenging technical domains
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Comfortable in a continuously delivering, responsive and agile product R&D team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Research & develop new features across the Microsoft technology ecosystem
- Lead thought in design & implementation of shared library surfaces
- Predictably deliver high volumes of high-quality production code
- Quickly iterate on prototype code
- Grow & foster an inclusive, creative, high-performance team culture
- Coach & mentor other team members