RECREATION SPECIALIST - #440450
The GEO Group, Inc.
Date: 09/15/2021 16:30 PM
City: Santa Rosa, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Facility: GUADALUPE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the implementation and operation of a viable recreation program for all inmates. Oversees the recreation facilities and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes recreation activities.
- Coaches all athletic teams.
- Organizes and conducts all competitions and tournaments.
- Explains and demonstrates to inmate's the proper technique and use of all recreational equipment, including the enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Inspects recreation area for cleanliness and safety.
- Conducts weekly safety training sessions with recreation orderlies and clerks.
- Checks all inmates in and out of the gym.
- Maintains recreation department records.
- Orders, maintains, and schedules the repair of all recreation department equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Additional education in Physical Education, recreational therapy or related field highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with a an inmate/detainee population or in a physical education program is highly desirable.