BADS05-2021-01552-Driver Services Specialist-Cheyenne - #440474
State of Wyoming
Date: 09/15/2021 16:30 PM
City: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) seeks a Driver Services Specialist for the Records Section located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position positively affects public safety on our roads and highways by enforcing standards set for licensing drivers with alcohol, drug, medical, and visual impairments.
Cheyenne is a steadily growing community along the Front Range but still true to the Old West's history. The city offers nearby mountain biking, skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities. Cheyenne is also home to the "Daddy of 'em All" – Cheyenne Frontier Days – held every last week of July. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Review and process court orders for appropriate actions.
- Review and process electronic court interface problems.
- Review and analyze audit reports to maintain the accuracy of driving records.
- Review and process documents for financial responsibility.
- Monitor motor vehicle accidents regarding proof of insurance issues and suspension proceedings.
- Review and process Court Failure to Pay notices and determine appropriate actions.
- Review implied consents and Driving While under the Influence documents to determine appropriate actions.
- Collect, balance, and transmit all transactions received.
- Answer questions from the public, courts, attorneys, law enforcement, and other DMVs via phone, email, and mail.
- Maintain confidential Personal Identifying Information.
- Draft correspondence to clients.
- Scan and index documents into the document storage system.
- Consult with supervisor for anything out of the ordinary.
- Provide training.
- Assist in all Driver Services' areas as needed.
Preference will be given for advanced skill levels using Google Suite, document storage, and a database.
Preference will be given for Law Enforcement or Court Clerk Background experience.
- Knowledge of Wyoming State Statutes and Rules and Regulations for specialized areas.
- Knowledge of department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of personnel rules.
- Knowledge of the types of licenses to be issued.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge of scanning.
- Skill in excellent customer service.
- Skill in effective interpersonal, oral, and written communications.
- Skill in the use of Google Suite, document storage, and a database.
- Skill in decision-making.
- Skill in keyboarding with proficiency and report writing.
Associate's Degree (typically in Business)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Drivers Services Assistant
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Drivers Services Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- The successful applicant will be subjected to a thorough background/fingerprint investigation
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Support Services - Driver Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.