Cost Accountant - LPC - #494783
Precision Castparts Corporation
Date: 10/14/2021 11:00 AM
City: Portland, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Cost Accountant - LPC
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year
October 1 2021
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position is for a senior accounting professional that will use critical thinking and communication skills to apply accounting theory and knowledge. This position will apply skills to specific areas such as cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, account reconciliations, and accounting policy compliance for Special Metals Corporation.
- Management/Operations Support, not limited to:
o Gross Margin Reporting and Analysis.
o Tracking, Forecasting, and Analyzing Variances in Material Spend.
o Analyzing and reporting Balance Sheet and P&L variances.
o Other complex analysis as required.
- Process Improvement:
o Analyze current processes and develop plans to simplify workflows.
o Improve forecast / budget accuracy.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Excess and Obsolete, Variance Capitalization, and LCM calculations/analysis.
- Prepare and enter month-end journal entries, such as accruals and regularly recurring monthly entries.
- Reconcile monthly inventory and cost of sales GL accounts.
- Assist in Physical Inventory.
- Light weekend work and travel as required.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting. CPA/MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight deadlines.
- Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with the ability to reason and solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially proficient in Excel.
- Oracle ERP, SAS, or SQL experience a bonus.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to spend time in the manufacturing environment learning processes.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion, required.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Job knowledge
- Strategic Thinking
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – MUST BE ABLE TO FREQUENTLY REMAIN IN A STATIONARY POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO OCCASIONALLY MOVE ABOUT INSIDE THE OFFICE TO ACCESS FILE CABINETS, OFFICE MACHINERY, ETC. CONSTANTLY OPERATES A COMPUTER AND OTHER OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY MACHINERY, SUCH AS A CALCULATOR, COPY MACHINE, AND COMPUTER PRINTER. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – WORK PRIMARILY IN A CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT WITH MINIMAL SAFETY/HEALTH HAZARD POTENTIAL. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.