Order Verifier - #494806
L. J. Smith, Inc
Date: 10/14/2021 11:01 AM
City: Waynesburg, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
L. J. Smith is the largest stair parts manufacturing company in the country. Our continued growth over the past several decades is clearly a result of our leadership role in developing and taking to market new and innovative products and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary role of an Order Verifier is to accurately, timely, and safely verify picked items against Pick Tickets and/or Packing Slips in an effort to make sure the correct item, quantity and quality is picked. This role will also verify the items are in a correct presentation for transit. This role will also have other tasks assigned based upon the current work load and the needs of the company and customer.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
This position requires continuous physical activity including standing, walking, squatting, bending, reaching, (both above and below shoulder height), grasping and lifting while performing the following essential duties:
- Will be required to read part numbers, lot numbers, quantities, and other information to verify part numbers and quantities match the Pick Ticket and/or Packing Lists.
- Must be willing to work Over-Time and weekends as/if needed.
- Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to follow process, policies, and procedures on a continual basis.
- Must be able to accurately and legibly complete various forms of paperwork (i.e.: Pick Tickets, Packing Lists, etc.…).
- Ability to accurately perform item and package counts.
- Must be able to follow instructions, policies, and procedures on how to verify and count items readied for shipment.
- Will use basic Department Equipment (i.e.: Stretch Wrapper, tape guns, banders).
- Will be expected to clean the warehouse.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical requirements of this position are as follows:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, and twist 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment (35 – 100 degrees, dusty).
- Ability to visually inspect items for defects, item number/identification, and count accuracy.
- Ability to complete all required paperwork.
- Ability to use tape guns, make boxes, stack boxes, etc.…
- Ability to talk, listen, and speak clearly to co-workers.
- Ability to wear all required PPE.
We participate in a Drug Free Safety Program for a drug-free workplace. All positions require background checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Wage is commensurate to the levels of knowledge, skill and ability that an applicant brings to this position.
L. J. Smith offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401(k) savings plan, tuition aid, paid holidays/vacations, etc., with most coverage available on the first of the month following the month in which employment begins.
You also can qualify for a 50 cent increase after the successful completion of the 90 day Introduction Period and receive an additional merit wage increase each year under the Company’s Annual Performance Review program. Additionally, you have the opportunity for earn an additional compensation bonus per quarter via our Key Performance Incentive (KPI) program.
We look forward to receiving your application!