Project Manager - #494812
Date: 10/14/2021 11:01 AM
City: Quincy, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
PROJECT MANAGER –
INTERNAL JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER - VG5 AWS Migration Project
Project Manager needed to manage multiple application migrations from Logicworks private cloud to AWS and provide project reporting.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead and manage IT projects in support of the business-driven, customer service-oriented approach to providing IT services across the secretariat. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled team and contribute to a critical and highly visible project.
Job Duties: (DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Working with other project managers and program manager on phased migration planning by grouping applications into waves.
* Be responsible for driving the migration of specific waves and/or specific applications within waves to AWS
* Developing detailed project plans, schedules, work breakdown structures, and project checklists to meet established time frames, funding limitations, and staffing availability.
* Working with IT, external partners, and business stakeholders to develop effective project plans with detailed milestones and activities.
* Reporting status and risks on a weekly basis to program manager and application stakeholders.
* Collaborating with agency business leaders to develop and maintain ongoing release schedules.
* Coordinating project activities for adherence to project plan and goals, including AWS infrastructure setup, application migration, functional and technical testing (accessibility, vulnerability, and performance), application validation and cutover, and decommissioning of private cloud infrastructure after stabilization
* Monitoring results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies, and associated technical specifications
* Managing project development process to include monitoring project scope and change control processes
* Performing work in association with industry recognized standards, guidelines, and practices
* Communicate with external stakeholders and internal partners to resolve project issues
* Develop and maintain detailed reports that will effectively monitor the status of projects
* Adhering to established Commonwealth policy and procedures with respect to project management methodology quality assurance and other related standards
* Knowledge of, and proven experience managing the migration of large-scale IT Systems and Applications from a private cloud to AWS public cloud and Gov Cloud
* Experience working with multiple simultaneous projects/applications at various stages with competing priorities and shifting timelines
* A good understanding and proven work experience with various SDLC methodologies
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with management, end users, project team members, and vendors
* Ability to interact effectively with technical personnel and with a wide variety of technical resources
* Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, information, plans, and procedures to both technical personnel and non-IT business users
* Knowledge and demonstrated ability to conduct detailed planning, and to perform risk assessments and their associated risk mitigation actions
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills
* Experience working with government projects
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Minimum (6) eight years of IT experience in one or more technical roles
* Minimum (3) five years of extensive hands-on experience with project management as the project manager with full accountability and financial responsibility
* Minimum (2) three years of experience managing enterprise wide AWS Cloud migration projects
* Experience with and preparing project documentation such as detailed requirements
* Proficiency with MS Project
* Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, and Power Point.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $68.00 - $71.42 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Project management: 7 years (Preferred)
- AWS Cloud migration: 2 years (Preferred)