Alma Area Construction Superintendent - #494818
Wolverine Building Group
Date: 10/14/2021 11:01 AM
City: Hopkins, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Wolverine Building Group is seeking an experienced Project Superintendent in the Alma, Michigan area. You will be responsible for promoting the organization’s core values while leading commercial construction projects, organizing, and directing trade partners, suppliers, and company employees to ensure projects are completed within the established goals for safety, timeliness, budget, and customer satisfaction. You will ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, bringing problems to the attention of the Field Manager, Safety Manager, or Human Resources.
- Sets up the job site and temporary office in accordance with company setup procedures.
- Conducts project pre-start meeting with each subcontractor’s crew to reviewing their scope of work, review the project schedule, and to establish expectations for work and conduct.
- Completes and updates weekly a look-ahead schedule, with detailed sequencing of work to happen within the next 2-4 weeks.
- Manages and schedules the work being completed by trade partners, talking with the foreman to find out what the plan of work for the day, coordinating the work with other trades.
- Monitors the safety environment (PPE and proper equipment use). Provides training, as necessary.
- Coordinate’s delivery and staging of supplies.
- Determines proper solutions to problems or issues. Communicates with the proper trades and back to Project Managers.
- Updates drawings with any bulletins or addendums.
- Conducts progress meetings with the owner and subcontractors on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to review the status of the job, safety, and upcoming work.
- Records work activities in daily log, submitting time for Wolverine employees.
- Handles disputes between subcontractors.
- Performs quality control of work in progress and once completed.
- Communicates with architect, project manager, owners, and subcontractors about RFI’s, materials and conflicts.
- Ensures subcontractors are performing their scope of work.
- Coordinates inspections for materials, building, soils, and engineering.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps a clean jobsite, trailer, equipment, and vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Superintendent Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, AND/OR equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Construction Supervisor experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 30, First Aid, and CPR training desired
- Ability and willingness to travel beneficial.
- MS Office, ProCore experience beneficial.