Cost Accountant - #494831
Cornerstone Building Brands
Date: 10/14/2021 11:30 AM
City: Martinsburg, West Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provides analysis of manufacturing costs to assist plant leadership in determining the root causes for deviation from forecasts and plans, and determines courses of action to address deviations; defines cost improvement opportunities; ensures generally accepted accounting practices and company policies are adhered to; calculates costs for materials, labor and manufacturing overhead by product line or as otherwise appropriate; maintains accounting controls for materials, work-in-progress and finished goods inventories; provides budgetary planning and determination of profit/loss including inventory valuation; and provides daily manufacturing data to plant management on operation conditions and efficiency.
- Provides raw material balance within the facility including WIP and finished goods.
- Analyze materials usage to ensure all materials are accounted for.
- Determines costs for each product for comparison to standard costs.
- Assists in establishing standard procedures.
- Assists materials and distribution personnel in the continuous improvement of cycle count inventory
- Assists in monthly and annual physical inventories.
- Assists the Plant Manager in the preparation of facility capital expenditures and operating expense budgets. Maintains budgeted levels through appropriate meetings with the Plant Manager and all personnel assigned to budgeting responsibilities.
- Maintains due diligence, analyzes, and approves all facility utility bills, freight charges, etc. Investigates and resolves abnormal variances.
- Performs regular audits of all accounting control functions of the facility.
- Prepares reports for the Plant Manager and Corporate Accounting reflecting changes in operating/production costs, inventory record accuracy, material balance, etc.
- Maintains due diligence, analyzes changes, etc. and addresses potential issues or abnormalities.
- As required, performs database administration of new item cost set-up as needed in support of product implementation teams.
- Participates as a facility management team member and supports corporate goals. Provides education and training to teams as appropriate.
- Analyzes production data and reports results of weekly production data. Reports/graphs trends of production data as appropriate
- Facilitates month end close process.
- Maintains proper reconciliation to overall forecast/budget.
- Prepares and uploads payroll into JD Edwards system weekly (where applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum of two years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
Effective analytical and communication skills.
Ability to play a true team member role with other key plant leadership members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Martinsburg, WV, USA