Resident Service Director - LPN or RN - #494837
Date: 10/14/2021 11:30 AM
City: Plymouth, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
New Wage Scales!
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. In that time, Miller’s Health Systems has grown to become Indiana’s largest 100% employee-owned health care provider. As operators of more than 40 nursing care and senior living properties across the state, MHS offers a wide variety of employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at: http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us
New Wage Scales!
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse with excellent clinical skills? Are you an excellent communicator who enjoys the challenge of making connections and building relationships with others. Are you comfortable with a variety of personalities. Are you are familiar with your healthcare community and various providers. Are you also goal oriented-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a fast-paced environment. Do you want a career that’s more than just a job – it’s also a future.
As the Resident Services Director at Miller’s Senior Living Community, you are an advocate for the residents. You conduct pre-admissions assessments and make recommendations for appropriateness of placement in our assisted living facility. You coordinate resident needs with department heads and outside agencies. You are responsible for tracking services and minutes of services provided to residents. You will also supervise and provide training to Patient Care Assistants.
Apply if you:
· Are a Licensed Practical Nurse
· Have good organizational and communication skills.
· Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
· Are professional in appearance and behavior
· Have previous experience in health care community relations (preferred)
· Able to work with a dedicated team
· A leader with qualities that mirror our Company core values of passion, integrity, stewardship, growth and adaptation
1. Currently licensed and registered to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Indiana.
2. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
3. Pass the physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
4. Professional manner and appearance.
5. Five or more years of management experience in any of the following areas: extended health care, rehabilitation services, home health care, or residential/assisted living preferred.
6. Proven interpersonal skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Interest in and knowledge of geriatric health and related services.
1. Ability to manage costs and develop department budget.
2. Skills in both clinical and documentation aspects related to resident health care.
3. Ability to communicate with staff and families in a professional and effective manner.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practices.
5. Physical, psychological, social and medical needs of residents.
6. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
1. Competent in supervision and leadership.
2. Serve as an advocate for the residents.
3. Complete pre-admission assessments for all prospective residents.
4. Foster and maintain a good working relationship with other staff.
5. Good judgement and emotional stability.
6. Coordinate with staff and all outside agencies to bring services to residents as necessary.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks.
New Wage Scales!